Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VAhunter08
Admin

Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. Empty
PostSubject: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Man am I ever excited. VA has elected to re intro Elk. I know it will take a few years to repopulate to hunting size herds but I am willing to wait.

You all are invited when we are ready to hunt

Will
Back to top Go down
http://www.archeryaddix.com
IceMan2383
Admin
IceMan2383

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:21 am

lol when we goin???
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/bowhunter4e?ob=0
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:19 am

ASAP. I am sure it will take at least 3-4years but you are on my first to call list. Very Happy

Man I can't wait.

Back to top Go down
JWG

JWG

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:57 am

I'm ready to hunt some elk - Plus it's alot closer drive then Colorado
Back to top Go down
http://www.camospace.com/10604
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 pm

JWG wrote:
I'm ready to hunt some elk - Plus it's alot closer drive then Colorado

That's what I'm talkin about. PA has already started stocking the Elk maybe MD will also restock since they are native to MD as well.

But you are more than welcome to stalk with us Very Happy

Will
Back to top Go down
elkslayer4x5

elkslayer4x5

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:31 pm

So how far are you from the proposed release site? Have you been there? and just so you'll get an idea of what to expect, heres a pic I took whlie camping among a small group of young bulls between seasons a few years ago. This summer I taking my crandson there for this smae experience. It funny I just sent these same links to Tommy of our MArtin group at broadhead.com Take a wander thru the album, you'll like Scar , the big 5x5, you'll know who I mean when yous him, don't know if you'll be able to see in this web versionof this pin but he's all scared up, claw marks all over him.

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/Usal/

Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. DSCN1154
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:29 pm

It is in the next county from me so travel would be minimal. NICE huh.

I have been through the county of the release and it is very deep in vegetation good area to start them in. I have hunted Elk in CO and AZtwo different worlds.

I would enjoy the opportunity to elk hunt with out having to travel so far. The pics are awesome ES4x5. regret not hunting when I was in No, CA

Spent a lot of time in Petaluma and Santa Rosa. I love NorCal, SoCal is so ugly. I hope your Grandson appreciates the time spent with Grandpa and the great outdoors. Especially since you have a wealth of info to share.

Will [u]

Last edited by VAhunter08 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot the not duh)
Back to top Go down
elkslayer4x5

elkslayer4x5

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 pm

The first archery club I joined was the Sebastopol Bowhunters, who later joined Santa rosa Bowmen, and became Sonoma county Bowmen. When were you in Santa Rosa/ Petaluma. Know where Tomales is? Graduated HS there in 63, While in the area, did you ever have the chance to visit Occidental, about 16 miles west of SR? 13 of the arrow head in my flints album came from there. The short story I told the other day on MartinTech, about empting an 8 arrow quiver was in Occidental. Elklayer geaduated SR HS in 83. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:12 am

Tomale's no not really. I do know where the Raider deli is though. I have been through Occidental I used to confuse it and call it accidental haha, I used to go to what was the shooting range in SR? Hawks or something like that. I worked for Tegal Corp in Petaluma. Been to Gilroy and all that. "13 of the arrow head in my flints album came from there." Bet there are many more than that out there still huh?

I really like it in NorCal. I also lived in SoCal in San Juan Capistrano/Mission Viejo Hated it no trees all black top. YUCK!!
Back to top Go down
elkslayer4x5

elkslayer4x5

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:49 am

VAhunter08 wrote:
Tomale's no not really. I do know where the Raider deli is though. I have been through Occidental I used to confuse it and call it accidental haha, I used to go to what was the shooting range in SR? Hawks or something like that. I worked for Tegal Corp in Petaluma. Been to Gilroy and all that. "13 of the arrow head in my flints album came from there." Bet there are many more than that out there still huh?

I really like it in NorCal. I also lived in SoCal in San Juan Capistrano/Mission Viejo Hated it no trees all black top. YUCK!!

Funny you should mention that. Just got off the phone with Elkslayer and we where talking about that very thing. Last time I know of ( 1980 ) the place was still untouched, would dearly love to get back into there, know the whole canyon layout, was the range captain two years, mantained 28 targets, and an extra 14 target ranch for the yearly fundraiser.
Which range did you shoot, either of the outdoor ranges? I helped lay those out and build them, both courses range captain again. Club Champ in 73. Cool
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:45 pm

4x5 I shot at the 14 target range I think it was anyways. Isn't that amazing it is such a small world. I wish I could get back out to no.cali. My wifes family is in socal. Riverside and Ontario area.

Will

Back to top Go down
Fryguy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:38 pm

I wish we had Elk around here.....I would love to bag a big Elk..
Back to top Go down
https://archerynation.forumotion.com
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:11 am

Fryguy wrote:
I wish we had Elk around here.....I would love to bag a big Elk..

Come on down you can hunt with us soon Smile

Is Elk native to your area if so you can lobby to have them restored. That is what PA & VA did.

I have had to go to CO and AZ to hunt them before.

Will
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.   Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State. Empty

Back to top Go down

Virginia is reintroducing Elk to the State.
Page 1 of 1