» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

» New guy!
Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 pm by trainman673

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
roosclan

PostSubject: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:03 pm

I'm looking really hard at using Harvest Time HT-2 arrows, and am curious if the standard FOBs work wtih them. They are 19/64" instead of 5/16", so I am curious if there is any looseness noticed?

I know there isn't a FOB for the HT-1 (yet! hint, hint), but the HT-2 seems to fit the bill for what I need, so I'm really hoping the standard FOBs that I was going to put on some Flatline DOAs will work on the HT-2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MileHighOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:27 pm

Sorry it took so long to get a reply to you but yes the standard FOB's will fit on the HT2 shafts. I shoot the HT2's with FOB's and they fly great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:00 am

MHO Sup long time no see..

roosclan sorry I just didn't have an answer and was trying to look into it thanks MHO for your help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.archeryaddix.com
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Sounds like I will be good to go! This is getting exciting gathering all the stuff I need for my bow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MileHighOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:20 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
olsen71
Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Very nice looking arrows Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:07 pm

MHO those are some nice wraps are they from Battle Drum?

How do the HT2 shoot I was thinking of getting some. Thanks to roosclan and yourself I have not heard much about them.

Will
Back to top Go down
MileHighOutlaw

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:23 pm

Indeed they are Battle Drum wraps. I have been using BD for the past year and they make some awesome wraps at a great price. As far as the HT's go they are a great arrow no doubt about it. Basically from what I have heard and read on other threads Bart and a few of the boy's left Victory last year and designed a whole new company. They offer several models right now in a ton of different spine selections. I'm privy to know that they have a few more arrows in the works but they won't be ready for release until late summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:37 pm

That is awesome I was thinking of getting the Semper Fi arrow wraps and see if they could make same in FOB wraps. I was also thinking of getting some Team Starrflight FOB Wraps and maybe some arrow wraps and have the screen names printed on them. We'll have to see.

Are the HT's any cheaper than the Victories? I am looking for some good but cheaper arrows. Thanks for the heads up I will have to keep an eye on their web site.

Thanks MHO.

Will
Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:46 pm

VAhunter08 wrote:
That is awesome I was thinking of getting the Semper Fi arrow wraps and see if they could make same in FOB wraps. I was also thinking of getting some Team Starrflight FOB Wraps and maybe some arrow wraps and have the screen names printed on them. We'll have to see.
Like these? I'm getting my arrow wraps from Onestringer. They also have mini wraps for FOBs.

Quote :
Are the HT's any cheaper than the Victories? I am looking for some good but cheaper arrows. Thanks for the heads up I will have to keep an eye on their web site.
Is $73/dozen shipped for .003 bare shafts or $54 shipped for .006 bare shafts any cheaper? You can get them here Reviews I've read show them to be better than Victory arrows and every bit as good as Easton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

Thanks roosclan those are some nice wraps too, I will have to make a choice or just order from each site and see which I like best. As for the HT arrows I had better start saving my pennies that sounds like a good deal. I like the sound of the reviews, I will have to do a search on line.

Thanks for the 411.

Will
Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Mindy at Onestringer.com just finished my arrow wraps. Here's the design she came up with based on what I told her I wanted. I had reservations asking for flames since I didn't know if it would work with the whole snakeskin motif, but when I saw the completed design, I liked it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 am

Looks good. They do good work no doubt about that. The Snake skin flame combo came out pretty good actually.

Catchy phrase. I think I will get Gen 27:3 with a fade background of some type and a Celtic Cross or something like that as well as the USMC wraps.

I might order from each company just to see which I like best. The custom wraps are cheaper at Onestringer.com @ $12.00/dz vise $15.00/dz at Battle Drum.

HUMmmmmm I will see. Lots to think about. scratch

Will

Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:05 pm

VAhunter08 wrote:
Looks good. They do good work no doubt about that. The Snake skin flame combo came out pretty good actually.

Catchy phrase. I think I will get Gen 27:3 with a fade background of some type and a Celtic Cross or something like that as well as the USMC wraps.
I have a bazillion ideas for wraps, and not enough arrows to put them on. I am German, Scottish, and Irish, so a couple I have bouncing around in my head:
1) I originally wanted a Celtic knotwork, but I couldn't find a pattern that I liked that would look good on an arrow. I was going to have it plus a flying claymore with the phrase "Gaelic Cutter" or "Celtic Cleaver" in Gaelic (can't find an online English-Gaelic translator, either)
2) An image of St. Hubert's stag on one end with "St. Hubert, guide me to my prey." in German on the shaft (St. Hubert is the patron saint of archers and hunters).
3) A Celtic cross with Psalm 127:4: "Like arrows int he hand of a warrior are the sons of one's youth." (I have 7 kids... all boys).

Quote :

I might order from each company just to see which I like best. The custom wraps are cheaper at Onestringer.com @ $12.00/dz vise $15.00/dz at Battle Drum.
Mine cost a bit more because I got the reflective wraps, plus the DoubleDogg clear covers, plus the matching minis for the FOBs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:06 am

Cool I too get these ideas that bounce around my head, it get annoying cuz it kinda takes over. I was thinking of linking two trinity knots one on each end of the wrap and they are tied together with strands going down each side and cross in the middle and continue to the other knot. Not so sure which verse to put in the middle yet. I am of Celtic and Viking ancestry. I was thinking of a large double bladed war axe or something Vikingish. Don't quite know yet.

Congrats on the start of the brood. Definitely living up to the clan part of your name huh? lol

How much did the custom mini's run?

Will

Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:59 am

VAhunter08 wrote:
Cool I too get these ideas that bounce around my head, it get annoying cuz it kinda takes over. I was thinking of linking two trinity knots one on each end of the wrap and they are tied together with strands going down each side and cross in the middle and continue to the other knot. Not so sure which verse to put in the middle yet. I am of Celtic and Viking ancestry. I was thinking of a large double bladed war axe or something Vikingish. Don't quite know yet.
Funny you mention the Viking ancestry. My Scottish side is Williamson of the clan Gunn, which supposedly has lineage all the way back to King Olaf of the Vikings.

Cousin?
Quote :

Congrats on the start of the brood. Definitely living up to the clan part of your name huh? lol
We definitely have our own clan. However, we figure we're done now. Our last little guy came 6wks early, with my wife being on complete bed rest for a month before that and progesterone shots every 4 days for most of the pregnancy (imagine getting a thick oil injected into your butt with a 1.5" long needle...). I don't know if she could carry another pregnancy even as far as she managed to make it with this one.

Quote :

They were just $5 extra. I have the snakeskin pattern on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:08 pm

roosclan wrote:
VAhunter08 wrote:
Funny you mention the Viking ancestry. My Scottish side is Williamson of the clan Gunn, which supposedly has lineage all the way back to King Olaf of the Vikings.

Cousin?
Quote :

We definitely have our own clan. However, we figure we're done now. Our last little guy came 6wks early, with my wife being on complete bed rest for a month before that and progesterone shots every 4 days for most of the pregnancy (imagine getting a thick oil injected into your butt with a 1.5" long needle...). I don't know if she could carry another pregnancy even as far as she managed to make it with this one.

Quote :

They were just $5 extra. I have the snakeskin pattern on them.

Cousin? Who knows this is a small world (to steal a phrase.) You never know. LOL

Wow she went through a lot. Sounds harsh at least she made it that far. I could not imagine having to get those shots as often as she did man that must of been hard to handle. Congrats on the new little one.

We had a problem with our daughter who did not want to stay in either and my wife had to be on bed rest and had to take breathine for the last 3 months, I had to take her BP every three hours which meant I had to wake up every three hours to do it and give her the breathine.

God bless brother

Will
Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:59 pm

VAhunter08 wrote:

Wow she went through a lot. Sounds harsh at least she made it that far. I could not imagine having to get those shots as often as she did man that must of been hard to handle. Congrats on the new little one.
Believe it or not, this was the 4th pregnancy that she had to have the progesterone shots. The 3rd pregnancy that she had to be on bed rest. The othe munchkins managed to stay in to 36wks, where it was safe to deliver. With our latest little guy, we barely made it to 34wks. He spent 10days in the nursery.

The bright side of it is that I've been the one administering the shots. I have to use a 22gauge needle to do it, so I joked that I got to shoot my wife in the butt with a 22!

Quote :
We had a problem with our daughter who did not want to stay in either and my wife had to be on bed rest and had to take breathine for the last 3 months, I had to take her BP every three hours which meant I had to wake up every three hours to do it and give her the breathine.
Pre-eclsampsia sucks! We were fortunate to avoid anything that was life-threatening for her. It was our boys that were in trouble for most of the pregnancies.

On a lighter note, my arrow wraps from Onestringer aarrived today, plus the FOB minis. They look awesome! I'll try to get pics up in the next evening or two.

Last edited by roosclan on Mon May 16, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:49 am

[quote="roosclan"]
VAhunter08 wrote:

Believe it or not, this was the 4th pregnancy that she had to have the progesterone shots. The 3rd pregnancy that she had to be on bed rest. The other munchkins managed to stay in to 36wks, where it was safe to deliver. With our latest little guy, we barely made it to 34wks. He spent 10days in the nursery. WOW God was with you

The bright side of it is that I've been the one administering the shots. I have to use a 22gauge needle to do it, so I joked that I got to shoot my wife in the butt with a 22! HAHA

Pre-eclsampsia sucks! We were fortunate to avoid anything that was life-threatening for her. It was our boys that were in trouble for most of the pregnancies. I think either way it is hard on the mom to an extent the dads too but worse for the moms.

Yeah she had it rough I felt I was being put out by missing sleep and was grumpy but then it hit me it is my daughter and her health as well as the woman I fell in love with and it didn't bother me any more, as a matter of fact I took pleasure in it. It is awesome the way God touches us and if we listen our lives are made easier. It took me a long time of butting heads with Him to get to that conclusion.

On a lighter note, my arrow wraps from Onestringer aarrived today, plus the FOB minis. They look awesome! I'll try to get pics up in the next evening or two.

I am looking forward to the pics. I can't wait to see them.

Will
Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:24 pm

VAhunter08 wrote:

It took me a long time of butting heads with Him to get to that conclusion.
You mean I'm not the only stubborn one?? I still butt heads with Him trying to convince Him that my way is His way. Eventually He gets through to me and I give in. Funny how things get easier and more joyful when that happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Mon May 16, 2011 11:11 pm

VAhunter08 wrote:

I am looking forward to the pics. I can't wait to see them.

Will
OK, so it took me long enough to get pics taken...

and since I got the reflective wraps:

and when you're searching for your FOB after dark...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 am

Those are looking good and the FOB wraps are reflective too. Nice I can't wait to get mine on order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?   

Back to top Go down

Harvest Time arrows and FOBs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archery Nation  :: Technical Questions/Set Up-
Jump to: