Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NevadaDave

NevadaDave

Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm Dave Skowron - Ely, Nevada. I've read several posts by people just like me - mid 50's, used to bow hunt as a teen, now getting back into it in a big way. Hey - I have a JOB now and can afford the stuff I want! Anyway, I hunted Bear recurves as a kid, so I bought a Bear Mauler from Eagle Archery. It will be here next week. I didn't want to go the route of buying a complete RTH package because I wasn't too thrilled with some of the gear choices. After doing a few months f research I stumbled on the FOBs, and after seeing the video testimonials and reading the technical stuff, I'm totally sold. I was pleased to see a large thread regarding the TR Revolution rest because that's the one I am putting on my Mauler. I am also going to install one of the Extreme Rear sights with whatever front sight I choose, not sure which one yet. I might go with the full Eliminator Pro sight.

So I will be sure to read a lot before I start asking the questions you old-timers (to the forum) have answered a million times. I'm an idiot, so be forewarned. At least I know this, so no need to tell me when the time comes!

Glad to be getting back into slinging sticks downrange. I can't wait ti get the rig together. I have never fired a compound bow and look forward to it immensely.

So it's a pleasure to meet ya'll and Merry Christmas!

DS
Back to top Go down
Fryguy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Welcome Dave to the site. Glad to have you here.
Back to top Go down
https://archerynation.forumotion.com
rfnorman

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Hey Nevada Dave!

Welcome to the forum. Glad you're excited getting back into archery. I think you will like the Mauler. I have been using the Bear Charge for a couple months and really like it. Maybe you can give us a review of the Mauler. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks. I don't think I could do a very comprehensive review of the Mauler because I have no reference point for comparison. I have not owned a compound bow before. What I can do is log my experience as a completely pink newbie as I go through the stages of selecting my accessories and setting it all up.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 am

Hi Dave, I love Nevada I almost took a position with the Clark County Sheriff's Office to patrol the Laughlin/Vegas areas, but decided to take a job as a National Security contractor instead.

Welcome to Archery Nation, thanks for stopping here. Nice choice in bow I think you will enjoy it quite a lot. I give it two weeks till the addiction starts to grab a hold of you. This is a good thing you will see.

The eliminator pro is a good site I have heard from others that it is easy to set up and is an all around good sight, I personally don't like the pro I think I would choose to get the Extreme Rear Sight instead. You may even want to look at the Anchor Sight Click Here

One more thing is any questions you may have just blurt them out we don't mind answering questions more than once. You are no more an idiot than anyone else here believe me I have had my idiotic moments. Embarassed Laughing

Merry Christmas to you as well I am hoping to see more of you before Christmas though, LOL.

Will

Back to top Go down
http://www.archeryaddix.com
NevadaDave

NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi Will,

I lived in Clark County for over 30 years. All I can say is you made the right choice. I have seen cleaner, less corrupt third-world countries.

I am looking at the Eliminator rear sight as well as the Anchor sight - both look promising. I think I am leaning toward the Eliminator rear sight.

I hope my Mauler gets here before Christmas. It seems as thought they are all back ordered from the factory. I would have liked to have known that before ordering. I wonder about my choice of doing business with Eagle Archery. I can't get anything in terms of answers from them regarding my order. Anyway . . .

Thanks for the welcome. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 am

NevadaDave wrote:

Hi Will,

I lived in Clark County for over 30 years. All I can say is you made the right choice. I have seen cleaner, less corrupt third-world countries.

I am looking at the Eliminator rear sight as well as the Anchor sight - both look promising. I think I am leaning toward the Eliminator rear sight.

I hope my Mauler gets here before Christmas. It seems as thought they are all back ordered from the factory. I would have liked to have known that before ordering. I wonder about my choice of doing business with Eagle Archery. I can't get anything in terms of answers from them regarding my order. Anyway . . .

Thanks for the welcome. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

LOL I have too...

I think I am going to try the Anchor Sight once I save up the cash. But both are very good products. I hope which ever you decide on you will be happy with.

As for Eagle Archery I have heard more good things than bad. They did not tell you at the time of ordering that they didn't have any in stock and it would take a while cuz they are on back order??? That's kinda messed up. Good luck to you I just hope you get it soon, it is hard to be so excited about something and all you get is the run around.

Will
Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:40 am

Actually I canceled the order with Eagle Archery. I called them and was told that the mauler that I ordered was only available as part of a package. Well it didn't say anything about that on their website when I ordered. The man said he could get me one, but it would take a few weeks. I canceled. That's too messed up for me. I went to Cabelas and ordered the same bow, and it shipped out the next day. It will be here next Tuesday. There was a 35 dollar difference because I had to pay sales tax at Cabelas. No big deal.

So I am a little bit unsure of how the Anchor Sight works. Here's how I interpret the instructions: You find your natural anchor point at full draw and line up the anchor sight's circle and dot so they are centered. Then, whenever you put pin on target and have the anchor sight lined up, you are good to shoot. Is that basically it?
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 am

NevadaDave wrote:
Actually I canceled the order with Eagle Archery. I called them and was told that the mauler that I ordered was only available as part of a package. Well it didn't say anything about that on their website when I ordered. The man said he could get me one, but it would take a few weeks. I canceled. That's too messed up for me. I went to Cabelas and ordered the same bow, and it shipped out the next day. It will be here next Tuesday. There was a 35 dollar difference because I had to pay sales tax at Cabelas. No big deal.

Sorry to hear that you got the run around form EA. But I am glad you got what you were looking for. In the future you could try Lancaster Archery Supply they are located in Penn. and they are the finest bunch of people you could ever ask for in the archery retail world. LAS is the fastest shipping and some of the most knowledgeable people I have run across in my whole archery career. Check em out Lancaster Archery Supply I don't think they are the cheapest in the business but you will never be disappointed in their service.

So I am a little bit unsure of how the Anchor Sight works. Here's how I interpret the instructions: You find your natural anchor point at full draw and line up the anchor sight's circle and dot so they are centered. Then, whenever you put pin on target and have the anchor sight lined up, you are good to shoot. Is that basically it?

Yes you are correct in your description you have it exactly it allows you to get your natural anchor point and shoot more accurately with out a peep. Please check out these videos and there are a few more on youtube as well.

Will
Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm sold on the Anchor Sight. I like the idea of it. It's gonna be fun setting up the Mauler when it gets here.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:37 pm

NevadaDave wrote:
I'm sold on the Anchor Sight. I like the idea of it. It's gonna be fun setting up the Mauler when it gets here.

I too am sold on the Anchor Sight I have to save my pennies but it will be worth the wait and a plus to get rid of my peep.

Keep a journal of your set up of your bow and keep us informed as to how it is going and give us some reviews as to how you like the products you bought for it. I hope you enjoy your Mauler and Cograts on getting back into the Sport of Archery.

Did you choose your arrows yet?? I shoot Harvest Time Archery HT-2 Actually I am on their advisory shooting staff. They are rugged arrows and made by a Christ Centered company. Harvest Time Archery

Is all your gear going to be in by the time your Mauler gets there?? Happy Setup Laughing santa

Will
Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 pm

I'm going with Gold Tip XT Hunter shafts and the FOBs instead of fletching. I haven't ordered any of my gear yet. And I do plan on keeping a log, and I'll also do a photo-documentation of everything I get. Not that there isn't tons of that info out there already, but I like doing it anyway. Being the consummate tinkerer with a decent manufacturing shop, I'll probably start right off trying to duplicate/modify half the stuff I get.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:23 pm

It is always good to have the documentation on hand in case you had a difficult install, and for some reason needed to remove the piece of equipment, it will make it easier for you to reinstall it.

Gold Tips are good arrows as well. You may want to get some fletched arrows if you are going to get into target shooting, as some of the shooting associations will not allow you to use FOB's.

I know about tinkering myself before I had cancer I had a fair workshop myself reloading equipment and all, I had to sell 99% of it to pay bills.
I think tinkering keeps the brain from going soft, the more you do to make you think the better off your mind will be.

I am looking forward to your posts on the Mauler Project. I will be following it post by post.

Will
Back to top Go down
Fryguy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:09 pm

I like the ideal of the anchor sight I just dont think I can give up my peep...
Back to top Go down
https://archerynation.forumotion.com
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:29 pm

Fryguy wrote:
I like the ideal of the anchor sight I just dont think I can give up my peep...

Your peep may be a hindrance to you in low light situations and when you get older and your sight aint what it used to be you will be cussin out you old friend the peep. just some food for thought Shocked LOL I know I didn't think I could give up dippin snuff either but I did. LOL

Will
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!   Howdy from Nevada Elk Country! Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Nevada Elk Country!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archery Nation  :: Introductions-
Jump to: