» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

» New guy!
Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 pm by trainman673

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Death Grip

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Death Grip   Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:46 am

Anybody ever tried one of these grips? They look promising:
http://www.vanhandle.com/DEATH-GRIP.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:05 am

Nope can't say as I have and by the looks of it they don't make one for my bow. Sad

They look like a good product. I am very partial on the thin grips. They could be great for some archers I think if you have a desire to try one then go for it, don't forget to give us a detailed review. Very Happy

Will

08' Martin Saber, 27.5" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA, Limbsaver Elite Prism Sight 4 Fixed Pin Plus 1 Adjustable,  NAP Apache Dropaway Rest, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release, Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" and FOB's with Grim Reaper (Razor tip Mech & Hades Fixed) BH & Red Feather Archery Phoenix BH
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.archeryaddix.com
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:56 am

Here is the Death Grip installed on my Mauler. For Bear bows, there is no epoxy required. The grip's bearing assembly screws to the riser using the holes for the stock grip. I didn't have to do a lot of scraping to remove camo-dip, just a tiny bit, before the assembly slid right on. It took longer to read the one-page instructions than it did to actually do the install.

It fits my hand MUCH better than the stock grip did, and it looks great too. We'll see how it performs in the field.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:26 am

That grip looks great. It must be tremendously comfortable. What exactly do the bearings do for you? I have been to the site and know what it does but what about our listeners who are not going to the site.

Thanks for the pics is that the carbon fiber pattern?

Will

08' Martin Saber, 27.5" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA, Limbsaver Elite Prism Sight 4 Fixed Pin Plus 1 Adjustable,  NAP Apache Dropaway Rest, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release, Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" and FOB's with Grim Reaper (Razor tip Mech & Hades Fixed) BH & Red Feather Archery Phoenix BH

Last edited by VAhunter08 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for being dumb)
Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 am

The bow floats on the bearings. When you hold it, it will pivot a few degrees to the left and right so that any torque from one's grip is effectively eliminated. The bow is now driven by the draw rather than by the grip. It's hard to describe. There is a little video on their site which shows the effect. And yes - it is very comfortable. Much more so than the stock grip, which IMO, was way too thin.

You can see the degree of pivot in these two photos.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Thanks ND for that review it sounds like the grip is a definite asset, and I think it will serve you well. Let us know how it shoots and all. Will you have to re adjust the Anchor Sight?

Looks good on the bow too.

Will

Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 am

I went to the indoor range last night and shot some arrows for the first time in 35 years. I must have done my homework well because the Revolution rest was set up to fire perfectly using FOBs. Not one problem with that. The Death Grip sort of disappears in your hand, which is a good thing. I got great groups at 20 yds. but I was shooting to the left. I have my pin sight adjusted all the way to the left as far as it goes. So, I have to assume that it's the Anchor Sight and my anchor point that needs changed. I also need to tweak the rest for center shot as well. All in all I was impressed by the bow. This Mauler is quiet as a mouse, and shoots pretty fast. I'm running it at around 65 pounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rfnorman

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Very cool product. Solves a problem many of us have struggled with, some for many years. I can see this technology getting incorporated into the bow itself in time. Sounds like it's working well for you. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:00 pm

rfnorman wrote:
Very cool product. Solves a problem many of us have struggled with, some for many years. I can see this technology getting incorporated into the bow itself in time. Sounds like it's working well for you. Thanks for sharing your experience!

It's my pleasure to share. I am really liking the grip (yes it is the carbon fiber pattern). I made a quick target out of some thick canvas and old carpet I had laying around, so now I can shoot in my back yard. Right now I only have about 14 yards of distance I can safely shoot, and at that I am shooting the FOB's off my arrows. I do have room for a 20 yard and 30 yard lane but I have to secure it from the pups before I start shooting there.

So I'm pretty much done putting together the Mauler rig. I added a Rest-Rocket last night but haven't shot it yet. We'll see how it improves my grouping, which is pretty tight now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Well if the rig is complete and the project is then concluded then I think for scientific as well as physical proof we need to see with out a doubt optical / visual reproductions of the original in the form of pictures.

Yes that's it pictures are required or your phrase stating complete is invalid and null.

Thanks for your compliance in this matter if you have complaints please file them with the admin and in triplicate only one post per complaint per day as prescribed by a Dr. in good, bad or indifferent standing with no medical boards required. Please feel free to use the facilities as you see fit but only on the third Thursday of the week and the first Monday of the odd years before your birth.

Please let it be duly noted that this post was issued and verified by none listed below but is strickly endorsed by said same. Please do have a valid and terrific day and an even better tonight followed by an excellent tomorrow morning.

Toodles

Will

Back to top Go down
MetalMan0880
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:51 pm

My cousin has the death grip on his iceman and loves it. Takes away all the torque on the riser. the only thing i didnt like is that its a little wider then a standart grip on the bow but thats something im sure wont be to hard to get used to/.

09 Diamond IceMan, NAP Scizzor Rest, Viper Predator Microtune Site, Octant/X-Coil Stab/ Limb Saver Limb Siliencers, Red Cat Tail String Siliencers, Custom Red and Black VaporTrail VTX String. Victory V1 Arrows, Grim Reaper Whitetail Special's 2" BH, Accunocks, and FOBS!

StarrFlight Shooting Staff

If Your Not Shooting FOBS, You Don't Know What Your Missing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://archerynation.forumotion.com/forum
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Hey MM sup bro long time no see.

Will

Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Wow - I better get a lawyer before I post! Here's the rig, with my field-expedient, backyard quiver.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:16 pm

No legal representation is required during this post!! Thanks for posting up your pics. The Mauler Project turned out excellent bro. NICE!!

How does it shoot with the Rest Rocket? Is that a PVC pipe quiver? nice paint job I'm going to steal that idea and expand on it a little by adding a big square bottom.

Looks like you got a keeper and a real shooter keep a hold of it. I like the look of the Bear bows it is just out of the norm, Ya know?

I am a bit of the English hummer enthusiast, I cut my teeth on Douglas Adams and grew up on Monty Python and Bennie Hill (not to proud to admit that though). Love that British funny bone.

As long as you know the meaning of life is 42 you are doing fine. LOL

Will

Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:38 pm

I have not yet shot it with the Rest Rocket. I need to get out to the range, but I've just been real busy at work. That is indeed a PVC arrow holder. It started out black so it's probably ABS. I found it laying around the back of the shop. I just wrapped a piece of twine around it, then hit it with two colors of camo spray paint. That's camo-colored duct tape around the top and bottom. A piece of foam stuffed in the bottom keeps the arrows in. I have a Bohning side-quiver when I go to the range. I was just dinkin around when I made the arrow tube.

Thanks for the compliments on my rig. I like it. I feel good about shooting Bear bows. My dad took white tails for his entire short life of 29 years with his Bear Kodiak recurve, so if they worked for him, I'm proud to shoot them. My brother, who is an a-s-s hole beyond belief and wouldn't know a recurve bow from a violin bow has possession of dad's bow and he won't give it to me, the little prick. I would make a frame for it and proudly display it in my shop. He keeps it in it's soft case in the attic of his house.

Nothing wrong with Monty Python. I liked Hill too, back in his time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:19 am

I think you should be proud of what you shoot no matter what brand as long as it makes you happy that is what counts. To me all bows are alike they do the same job as the rest, that job is to sling a dart as fast as it can toward it's intended target. I too had a Fred Bear Kodiak which my Mother just gave it away along with all my archery equipment my .22 rifle and my electric guitar when I went to Marine Corps Bootcamp. Man was I mad I was looking forward to taking all that stuff to my duty station.

Have you talked to your brother recently about the bow? That really stinks I know how it is to have siblings you just can't get along with my brother is now deceased but my second older sister and I don't really care about one another. Sorry this is not about me. I am sorry that you and your brother are on the outs. Are you going to eventually install some 3D targets on your property?

All is good live to hunt hunt to live

Will

Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:34 am

Hey I know what you mean about that - my brother sold everything I owned when I went into boot camp in 1976. That included several guitars and amps, my entire record collection, my stereo, and several rifles and a shotgun - all of which came from my grandfather who bought them in the ''30s and 40s so you can imagine the value they'd have today, not to mention the sentimental value like the bow does. I could fill this forum's database with crap my brother has done to me throughout our lives. I am the oldest between us, and he always was the "Little Lord" of the house, the way he was treated. Screw him.

As for shooting 3D up on my land, I will be doing something along those lines this summer. Maybe not with real 3D targets (kinda pricey) but at least something that'll take an arrow. I was thinking of maybe building some pop-up targets to put in various places up there.

Here is one pic of my parcel, and a url to the rest:
http://www.redbeartrading.com/elyland.html

I have a friend who put up a 3D deer on his parcel up near mine. He left it there overnight. Went beck next day and it was gone. Hr thought some of these redneck hillbillies (of which I am one) around here must have stolen it. As he was looking around his land, he spotted an ear from the thing up under some sage brush. Upon further investigation, he found the entire thing - all mauled up with big cat claw marks down it's neck and big bites taken out of it. He also found the pieces the cat spit out when it realized the deer wasn't real. It would have been cool to see the look on that thing's face when he realized his dinner was made of foam!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:02 pm

NevadaDave wrote:
Hey I know what you mean about that - my brother sold everything I owned when I went into boot camp in 1976. That included several guitars and amps, my entire record collection, my stereo, and several rifles and a shotgun - all of which came from my grandfather who bought them in the ''30s and 40s so you can imagine the value they'd have today, not to mention the sentimental value like the bow does. I could fill this forum's database with crap my brother has done to me throughout our lives. I am the oldest between us, and he always was the "Little Lord" of the house, the way he was treated. Screw him.

As for shooting 3D up on my land, I will be doing something along those lines this summer. Maybe not with real 3D targets (kinda pricey) but at least something that'll take an arrow. I was thinking of maybe building some pop-up targets to put in various places up there.

Here is one pic of my parcel, and a url to the rest:
http://www.redbeartrading.com/elyland.html

I have a friend who put up a 3D deer on his parcel up near mine. He left it there overnight. Went beck next day and it was gone. Hr thought some of these redneck hillbillies (of which I am one) around here must have stolen it. As he was looking around his land, he spotted an ear from the thing up under some sage brush. Upon further investigation, he found the entire thing - all mauled up with big cat claw marks down it's neck and big bites taken out of it. He also found the pieces the cat spit out when it realized the deer wasn't real. It would have been cool to see the look on that thing's face when he realized his dinner was made of foam!

I feel for you brother we are two brothers from different mothers LOL.
I love your parcel looks like and sounds awesome. If you go on youtube and search for homemade targets there are thousands of videos the one I like is the one where the guy compressed a bunch of carpet and built a frame around it. you shoot at the sides of the stack and not the face of the carpet. I think it is called the super target or something like that. Blob targets are cool also they are made from recycled post industrial foam. Arrow stop fast and pull somewhat easy. http://blobtargets.com/ also check these out http://www.archerytargetsonline.com/blobtarget.aspx

That was a funny story lol I too would like to have seen that cats face. DANG the darn thing was scared stiff literally. Dang this fast food is always coming wrapped in Styrofoam . lol

Will

Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:13 pm

I actually made a target from some old carpet I had laying around and a canvas duffel bag. I cut the duffel bag into a flat piece of canvas, and cut the carpet into eight square pieces about 18" by 30". I stacked them, wrapped them in the canvas, and used the straps form the duffel to cinch it together. Works good. Stops arrows about 6 or 8 inches in. I left air between the pieces of carpet. The arrows were a bit tough to remove at first but they are getting easier now after 30 or 40 shots.

We plan to build a home on that parcel but there is no electricity up there. We are looking at a hydro-electric generator as we have a swift-running stream on the property. It's funny - that parcel was largely ignored by every government entity in existence (a good thing) until we talked about building on it. Now, I have to get all sorts of permits to use the water to turn a simple turbine. Ever fu**ing agency out there wants to be sure I don't succeed. Really, REALLY pi$$es me off. I need certified drawings, plans, studies, freakin fish count - you name it. Before I bought the parcel you couldn't even SEE the stream. I HATE THE GOVERNMENT. I see a Randy Weaver thing starting. I'll get up there and get all comfy and self-sufficient, then some green, Prius-driving, tofu sniffing, clog-wearing lib from Calipornia will come up for a nature hike and see me reloading my .338 Win Mag and call the feds on me. Then, the likes of Janet Reno and his ilk will be on me with tanks and snipers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Target sounds good I see why you don't want to get a 3D target. I like the new target you made. it looks like it will last a while. I know what you mean about the gov'mnt they need to keep their nose out of our business.

Sorry this is a short response but I have some errands to run and the wife is getting impatient. Thanks

Will

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Grip   

Back to top Go down

Death Grip
Page 1 of 1