» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

» New guy!
Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 pm by trainman673

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
January 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Mauler project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Mauler project   Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm

I went ahead and ordered a dozen FOBs a few days ago, to go with the dozen XT Hunters I ordered the same day. Can't wait to try them out.

Got a great deal on Amazon - a TR Revolution for 39 bucks shipped. I had signed up for Amazon Prime last year, and the rest is shipping via two-day air FOR FREE! so 39 bucks for a new TR Revolution Not bad. All in all my rig is shaping up nicely. So far:

Bear Mauler 70
Black Gold FlashPoint Red Zone HD Five-pin .019 sight
Aluminum Anchor Sight
Doinker Stabilizer
Home-Brew Wrist Sling
Trophy Ridge Revolution (soon to arrive)
True Fire Camo 4-finger release

Pics to follow shortly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mauler project   Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:10 pm

NevadaDave wrote:
I went ahead and ordered a dozen FOBs a few days ago, to go with the dozen XT Hunters I ordered the same day. Can't wait to try them out.

Got a great deal on Amazon - a TR Revolution for 39 bucks shipped. I had signed up for Amazon Prime last year, and the rest is shipping via two-day air FOR FREE! so 39 bucks for a new TR Revolution Not bad. All in all my rig is shaping up nicely. So far:

Bear Mauler 70
Black Gold FlashPoint Red Zone HD Five-pin .019 sight
Aluminum Anchor Sight
Doinker Stabilizer
Home-Brew Wrist Sling
Trophy Ridge Revolution (soon to arrive)
True Fire Camo 4-finger release

Pics to follow shortly

ND,

It all looks like it is coming together rather well and quite quickly too. Congrats on the steals/bargains you are finding.
I was going to say this tread is worthless without pics but you covered that already. lol!

Will

08' Martin Saber, 27.5" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA, Limbsaver Elite Prism Sight 4 Fixed Pin Plus 1 Adjustable,  NAP Apache Dropaway Rest, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release, Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" and FOB's with Grim Reaper (Razor tip Mech & Hades Fixed) BH & Red Feather Archery Phoenix BH
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.archeryaddix.com
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Mauler project   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:20 pm

I just ordered a Death Grip. So all I need now is a case and quiver, and to tune the rig. Once I have it all together I'll take some pics - not like it's anything special, but it's my new rig and I'm digging it.

My first arrow-shot in over 30 years will be a FOB-equipped arrow, from a bow that didn't exist back then. THis is gonna be so cool . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mauler project   Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 pm

NevadaDave wrote:
I just ordered a Death Grip. So all I need now is a case and quiver, and to tune the rig. Once I have it all together I'll take some pics - not like it's anything special, but it's my new rig and I'm digging it.

My first arrow-shot in over 30 years will be a FOB-equipped arrow, from a bow that didn't exist back then. THis is gonna be so cool . . .

But it is special it is your first dart sling in over 30 years. I can't wait do you have any cases or quivers thought about? I use a Martin two piece that holds up to 8 arrows. I also like the Alpine Archery Soft Loc 5 or 7 (holds 5 or 7) both are one piece quivers. Plano makes some good cases too.

Will

08' Martin Saber, 27.5" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA, Limbsaver Elite Prism Sight 4 Fixed Pin Plus 1 Adjustable,  NAP Apache Dropaway Rest, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release, Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" and FOB's with Grim Reaper (Razor tip Mech & Hades Fixed) BH & Red Feather Archery Phoenix BH
Back to top Go down
NevadaDave

PostSubject: Re: Mauler project   Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:06 pm

I was looking at a Bear one-piece quiver. Either Plano or SKB case for everything.

My TR Revolution Rest came in today. I have it mounted on the bow. The description on Amazon said it comes with a cable clamp. None was included. So I will use the method outlined on the TR website - an inch of serving and a cow-knot.

Now - I see a two-page thread here about using this rest with FOBS, but I didn't see anything definitive concerning the setup of the rest to launch fast enough to avoid the FOB. From what I gather, it seems like the trip-cord should be attached to the down-bus cable without slack when the bow is at rest. Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mauler project   Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:02 pm

NevadaDave wrote:
I was looking at a Bear one-piece quiver. Either Plano or SKB case for everything.

My TR Revolution Rest came in today. I have it mounted on the bow. The description on Amazon said it comes with a cable clamp. None was included. So I will use the method outlined on the TR website - an inch of serving and a cow-knot.

Now - I see a two-page thread here about using this rest with FOBS, but I didn't see anything definitive concerning the setup of the rest to launch fast enough to avoid the FOB. From what I gather, it seems like the trip-cord should be attached to the down-bus cable without slack when the bow is at rest. Is this correct?

First off ND let me tell you I am working on the issue for the Quote being dark and trying to find a way to lighten it up.

Now let me get to the other stuff I should think that you would need some slack because if there isn't enough slack it pulls hard on your down cable and this could be bad for your timing (on a dual cam bow) let me research this for a moment and I will get back to you monumentally.

Will

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mauler project   

Back to top Go down

Mauler project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1