» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

» New guy!
Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 pm by trainman673

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
roosclan

PostSubject: FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:25 am

My parents are getting me a hunting blind for my birthday, and now I need to know if the shoot-through mesh is going to cause a problem with m FOBs. I use 2-blade broadheads instead of 3-blade heads if the cut hole shape will make a difference...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:34 pm

roosclan wrote:
My parents are getting me a hunting blind for my birthday, and now I need to know if the shoot-through mesh is going to cause a problem with m FOBs. I use 2-blade broadheads instead of 3-blade heads if the cut hole shape will make a difference...

Hey roosclan

I have seen videos of FOB's being shot through mesh but they were all three and four blade heads. My guess is you will have to use your RFA Phoenix BH, don't you have the XL German Kinetic BH? What is the cutting dia.? Just remember the hole has to be at least an inch around for the FOB to pass through.

Sorry I can't be of better help to ya.

Keep an eye on your e-mail our sight Domain Name will be changing sometime in the next week or so, a global e-mail will be going out to all members just sayin if it winds up in junk mail please keep your eye on it.

Sorry I could not do more for you at this time. I will try to get a hold of Paul for some other issues so I will throw this on the list.

Thanks

Will

08' Martin Saber, 27.5" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA, Limbsaver Elite Prism Sight 4 Fixed Pin Plus 1 Adjustable,  NAP Apache Dropaway Rest, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release, Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" and FOB's with Grim Reaper (Razor tip Mech & Hades Fixed) BH & Red Feather Archery Phoenix BH
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.archeryaddix.com
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:53 pm

VAhunter08 wrote:
roosclan wrote:

Hey roosclan

I have seen videos of FOB's being shot through mesh but they were all three and four blade heads. My guess is you will have to use your RFA Phoenix BH, don't you have the XL German Kinetic BH? What is the cutting dia.? Just remember the hole has to be at least an inch around for the FOB to pass through.
The 125XL has a diameter of 1.5", and the RFA RazorHawks (also 2-blade) have a diameter of 1 1/8". If I have to use the Phoenix, then so be it, but I really want to use my RazorHawks and German Kinetics. My wife' was going to get a tree stand for my Christmas/birthday, so that might still happen. At least I'll be able to use them for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?   Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Sorry roosclan,

All the things I am finding (and by finding I mean the people I am talking to) you will have to shoot your RFA Phoenix's from your ground blind.
Or you could use Grim Reaper Hades BH but since you don't have the Hades you will probably need to use RFA Phoenix's cuz you does have them.

I bet those GK are great BH I can't wait to get my mits on a set O'Dem don't the XL's also come in 150 gr too? You lucky dog you a ground blind and tree stand? Shut up!!!! hahaha j/k jocolor

Hows the Family? Just letting you know, ya'll are in our prayers.

Will

08' Martin Saber, 27.5" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA, Limbsaver Elite Prism Sight 4 Fixed Pin Plus 1 Adjustable,  NAP Apache Dropaway Rest, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release, Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" and FOB's with Grim Reaper (Razor tip Mech & Hades Fixed) BH & Red Feather Archery Phoenix BH
Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?   Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:44 pm

VAhunter08 wrote:
Sorry roosclan,

All the things I am finding (and by finding I mean the people I am talking to) you will have to shoot your RFA Phoenix's from your ground blind.
Or you could use Grim Reaper Hades BH but since you don't have the Hades you will probably need to use RFA Phoenix's cuz you does have them.
That is very frustrating. Sad I guess I have a bunch of tuning ahead of me to get the Phoenix to shoot the way I need them to. The GK's and the RazorHawks shoot the best, being 1.5" high at 30yds without tuning. Getting a treestand isn't a guarantee, so I may not be able to use them at all. When I get my blind, I may just sacrifice a screen and shoot a GK and a RazorHawk through them to see what happens. The RazorHawk doesn't sound too promising since it's barely bigger than the FOB. I'm hoping the extra size of the GK will allow it to work.

Quote :
I bet those GK are great BH I can't wait to get my mits on a set O'Dem don't the XL's also come in 150 gr too? You lucky dog you a ground blind and tree stand? Shut up!!!! hahaha j/k jocolor
The only thing I've killed with my GK is a skunk at 10yds, so I can't really tell you how good they are. They fly incredibly well, that much I know. Yes, they do come in a 150XL. Just contact DOAGuide over on AA, and he'll get you set up.

I'm so many years behind wihen it comes to accumulating hunting equipment it isn't even funny. Starting this bowhunting thng whenI'm 36 puts me behind the 8-ball.[/quote]

Quote :

Will
Thank you, Will! The family is doing pretty well. Kids are healthy, which is good. I have a couple with attitudes that need to change (and one isn't even a teenager yet!), but that's called parenting. Work is still slow, so the paychecks aren't what they need to be, and getting a 2nd job is frustrating with my line of work and my work schedule. I'm looking into substitute teaching to pick up some extra cash, and possibly a PRN job with a pacemaker company, which would really help, although my free time would be seriously curtailed (if it pays the bills, though...). We've already gone through Dave Ramsey's Fianacial Peace University, cut our budget to bare bones (got rid of cable, land line phone, dropped to the most basic broadband internet, selling a bunch of stuff, etc.), and a 2nd job is the only way we'll meet budget. The only reason I have archery equipment at all is because I sold a ton of ammo that I "inherited" (had given to me when father-in-law's neighbor died) that I didn't have a use for. Wife agreed that it was an investment I should make to increase my chances of putting meat in the freezer. It didn't pan out this year, but I learned a lot that will help next season, and the ground blind will go a long way toward keeping me concealed so I don't get busted like I did this year.

Prayers that my kids will stay close to Christ and that the finances will fall in line would be great.

BTW, the change in the quotes color helps a LOT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?   Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:35 am

[quote="roosclan"]
VAhunter08 wrote:
Sorry roosclan,

That is very frustrating. Sad I guess I have a bunch of tuning ahead of me to get the Phoenix to shoot the way I need them to. The GK's and the RazorHawks shoot the best, being 1.5" high at 30yds without tuning. Getting a treestand isn't a guarantee, so I may not be able to use them at all. When I get my blind, I may just sacrifice a screen and shoot a GK and a RazorHawk through them to see what happens. The RazorHawk doesn't sound too promising since it's barely bigger than the FOB. I'm hoping the extra size of the GK will allow it to work.
Quote :

I am sorry to hear that. Are your Phoenix BH shooting that far off? Mine were off but not by much. I always shoot with the windows open and mesh removed (Got tired of replacing them) the inside is blacked out and I where black inside the blind.

Quote :
The only thing I've killed with my GK is a skunk at 10yds, so I can't really tell you how good they are. They fly incredibly well, that much I know. Yes, they do come in a 150XL. Just contact DOAGuide over on AA, and he'll get you set up.

I'm so many years behind when it comes to accumulating hunting equipment it isn't even funny. Starting this bowhunting thing when I'm 36 puts me behind the 8-ball.

I hear you on the behind the 8 ball thing I am still borrowing gear from friends. LOL I wear little to no camo and the only sent block I wear is breaking of branches from pines and rubbing it on my clothing. I mainly spot and stalk or scout an area and trough up a blind.
I have never used a tree stand and not sure I want to just my luck I would forget to rig up or my strap would snap. WOW do I have issues or what??? HAHA

Quote :

Will

Quote :

Thank you, Will! The family is doing pretty well. Kids are healthy, which is good. I have a couple with attitudes that need to change (and one isn't even a teenager yet!), but that's called parenting. Work is still slow, so the paychecks aren't what they need to be, and getting a 2nd job is frustrating with my line of work and my work schedule. I'm looking into substitute teaching to pick up some extra cash, and possibly a PRN job with a pacemaker company, which would really help, although my free time would be seriously curtailed (if it pays the bills, though...). We've already gone through Dave Ramsey's Fianacial Peace University, cut our budget to bare bones (got rid of cable, land line phone, dropped to the most basic broadband internet, selling a bunch of stuff, etc.), and a 2nd job is the only way we'll meet budget. The only reason I have archery equipment at all is because I sold a ton of ammo that I "inherited" (had given to me when father-in-law's neighbor died) that I didn't have a use for. Wife agreed that it was an investment I should make to increase my chances of putting meat in the freezer. It didn't pan out this year, but I learned a lot that will help next season, and the ground blind will go a long way toward keeping me concealed so I don't get busted like I did this year.

Prayers that my kids will stay close to Christ and that the finances will fall in line would be great.

Good to hear the family is generally doing well. I have to say I have a couple of those attitude issues myself. I just pray and ask for strength to deal with them. Bro we have to do what we can to stay afloat in this economy I feel for you and your family and will keep you all in my prayers for financial stability and for family cohesion (Togetherness). We had the Financial Peace University at our church back in November but I didn't go. I was in the Hospital with my sciatic nerve, they admitted me for uncontrollable pain they were giving me 2mg of dilaudid via IV every half an hour for 4 hours and I was still in severe pain. I got back into hunting to supplement our meat bill and I have had very few days of archery hunting since I started back into it but my rifle time has been more. Don't worry about getting busted you may get busted by one but luck into another.

You and your family will be in our prayers and special for your children to stay in the embrace of Christ and that your financial peace be achieved. Have a blessed day brother and know that God does not give us anything we can't handle but gives us a way out if we find it to be.

Will

Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?   Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Well, my parents brought my ground blind a few days ago and I had a chance to shoot through the mesh with my 2-bladers and a 3-blade Phoenix. The 2-blade is a definite no-go. Even the Phoenix with a cutting dia. over 1" is a no-go, which surprised me. The mesh grabs the FOB and pulls the arrow off course -- about 10" off course. Sooooo... FOBs won't work for me when I use my ground blind. The positive side of that is that I can still use my G-K 125XLs and RazorHawks.

BUT... all is not lost! My beloved wife is getting me a tree stand for my birthday/Christmas present (even though my birthday was on 2/14...). Sportsmansguide.com has one on sale for $36 with a 24" X 29" platform that should work for a starting tree stand. I'll still get to use my FOBs when I'm hunting from the stand and fletched arrows when I'm in my blind.

I just need to figure out how to get the bow tuned with two different arrow setups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?   Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:49 pm

roosclan wrote:
Well, my parents brought my ground blind a few days ago and I had a chance to shoot through the mesh with my 2-bladers and a 3-blade Phoenix. The 2-blade is a definite no-go. Even the Phoenix with a cutting dia. over 1" is a no-go, which surprised me. The mesh grabs the FOB and pulls the arrow off course -- about 10" off course. Sooooo... FOBs won't work for me when I use my ground blind. The positive side of that is that I can still use my G-K 125XLs and RazorHawks.

BUT... all is not lost! My beloved wife is getting me a tree stand for my birthday/Christmas present (even though my birthday was on 2/14...). Sportsmansguide.com has one on sale for $36 with a 24" X 29" platform that should work for a starting tree stand. I'll still get to use my FOBs when I'm hunting from the stand and fletched arrows when I'm in my blind.

I just need to figure out how to get the bow tuned with two different arrow setups.

Congrats on the ground blind, is the inside blacked out? if so you can remove the window mesh that is what I have done and I wear a black jacket/hoodie depending on the temp.

Congrats on the tree stand too lucky dog Very Happy You probably will have to tune each individually the day before you want to go in the field to hunt. You may also just have to accept a happy medium (middle ground so to speak). Ley me know how it turns out. Please.

Thanx bro.

Will

Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?   Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:48 pm

VAhunter08 wrote:
roosclan wrote:

Congrats on the ground blind, is the inside blacked out? if so you can remove the window mesh that is what I have done and I wear a black jacket/hoodie depending on the temp.
It is blacked out on the inside, but with the mesh removed, my boys could see in side very easily, even with the overcast conditions we had at 5:45pm. I'm sure a deer would be able to see in side as well.

Quote :
Congrats on the tree stand too lucky dog Very Happy You probably will have to tune each individually the day before you want to go in the field to hunt. You may also just have to accept a happy medium (middle ground so to speak). Ley me know how it turns out. Please.

Thanx bro.

Will
Well, with the stand being only $36, it's hard to pass up! A fellow on AT gave me the idea of using heavier fletching and longer wraps on the fletched arrow to equal the weight of the FOBs & short wrap on the FOB'd arrows. That may just be the ticket to keeping the spine on both the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?   

Back to top Go down

FOBs and shoot-thru mesh?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archery Nation  :: Technical Questions/Set Up-
Jump to: