» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

» New guy!
Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 pm by trainman673

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Ripcord set up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fryguy
Admin

PostSubject: Ripcord set up    Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:52 pm

The Ripcord has proven to be easy to set up and very FOB friendly and we have not had many problems with this rest. However I did just get an email from a guy who was making contact with forks. Turns out the rest was adjusted so the rest was at the full up position about 6-8 inches before full draw. Yikes would that cause problems! The shop that set the rest up must have thought having the rest stay up that long would be a good thing. He also was having issues with the cable fraying. No doubt the result of all the pressure applied to the down bus cable on the cable slide.

After hearing this, I decided to set up a new Ripcord rest (again). I just followed the instructions to a tee. The two most critical things I found was to have the attachment cord tied to the down bus cable at about a 45 degree angle to the rest when AT FULL DRAW (per instructions).

Also it is VERY important to make sure the cord has just the right amount of slack so at the last part of the draw, the pull cord disengages the lock up and the rest falls when you SLOWLY let the rest down. All I did was put to much slack in the pull cord at first, lock the fork in the up position and pulled the bow back to full draw and slowly let down (the rest did NOT drop). Then I took a little slack out (about 1/8 inch) and repeated this procedure until when I let down from full draw, the fork was disengaged and dropped. (again, just per instructions). After all is said and done, check from full draw and make sure the rest does not move until about 1 inch of arrow travel.

If you use the rubber peel and stick arrow guide that mounts on the riser shelf, it may need to be trimmed down a bit for clearance. Those arrow guides/holder give us the most troubles!

The whole set up took all of 15 minutes. Plenty of clearance and shot great! Very easy rest to set up and FOB friendly.

I encourage folks to set up the rest themselves. So far with each rest I have tested, as long as you follow the instructions, everything works great.

If you have a shop set up the rest, please make sure and ask them to save the instructions, packaging and and all the spare parts. That way you can double check things.

Here are the photos of my set up.

Pull cord placement
[img][/img]

Rest in up position
[img][/img]

Clearance over rest and top bar Plenty!
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://archerynation.forumotion.com
ManicSubsidal

PostSubject: Re: Ripcord set up    Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Does anybody know if the Ripcord Code Red differs mechanically from the model used in this guide?
I use a Ripcord Code Red, and I've been working on the setup for 3 days now, and I'm unable to make it compatible with FOBs.

The FOBs keep nicking the arrow-rest, with the result, that the felt on the rest gets ripped off, and the FOBs break. confused

I'm trying to set this up on my old PSE Thunderbolt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rfnorman

PostSubject: Re: Ripcord set up    Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Not sure of the difference between this and the code red. I suspect you are getting damaged felt due to "bounce-back". The rest drops, hits bottom and bounces up just a bit at the time the FOB is passing by. I have no personal experience with this, but have read about others changing the timing of the lift of the rest, thus affecting the timing of the drop and the bounce so it is not bouncing up when the FOB goes by. You may need to set it to drop earlier or later to avoid the bounce. Pretty sure it can be done without too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ripcord set up    Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 pm

ManicSubsidal wrote:
Does anybody know if the Ripcord Code Red differs mechanically from the model used in this guide?
I use a Ripcord Code Red, and I've been working on the setup for 3 days now, and I'm unable to make it compatible with FOBs.

The FOBs keep nicking the arrow-rest, with the result, that the felt on the rest gets ripped off, and the FOBs break. confused

I'm trying to set this up on my old PSE Thunderbolt.

Watch this entire video I am sure it will help you out.

Will

08' Martin Saber, 27.5" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA, Limbsaver Elite Prism Sight 4 Fixed Pin Plus 1 Adjustable,  NAP Apache Dropaway Rest, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release, Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" and FOB's with Grim Reaper (Razor tip Mech & Hades Fixed) BH & Red Feather Archery Phoenix BH
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.archeryaddix.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ripcord set up    

Back to top Go down

Ripcord set up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archery Nation  :: Drop Away Rest Setup-
Jump to: