Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

first busted nock and FOB. No robbin hood... yet.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
roosclan

first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. Empty
PostSubject: first busted nock and FOB. No robbin hood... yet.   first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:13 am

Yesterday was a bad day, so I needed to blow off some steam.
1) The younger boys were just being royal pains in the (ahem) with their disobedience, and ended up breaking a couple things that didn't need breaking.
2) Started up my bike to take it out for the first time and put it through its paces and to learn the gears. Didn't even get it out of the driveway before it was sputtering and then wouldn't start. Then I fell cold liquid on my leg -- dang gas tank sprung a pinhole leak!! I just finished my motorcycle safety course this weekend, got my license endorsement, got the bike titled & registered, and now I can't ride it! Mad
3) the typical Kansas wind (hit 30mph steady with gusts to 40 today) blew a cardboard box into our septic "pond", which is our septic tank that has flooded because the lateral lines are shot. Had to fish out a vacuum cleaner box that became saturated with smelly, crappy water (literally). Time to call the property manager about the septic system.. again. The landowner doesn't want to pay to hook us up to city sewer, which stops half a block west of us. He'd rather pay to have the dang thing sucked out twice a month (we're zoned commercial and he's trying to sell it with no success).
4) Wife came home from dropping two of our boys off at her sister's (2.5hrs away) in a frazzled, foul mood because our littlest one wouldn't stop crying the entire trip home (he's 5mo old), no matter what she did. When wifey ain't happy, ain't nobody happy, including hubby.

Needless to say, I needed to blow off some steam, so I set out a target at about 20yds and proceeded to shoot the only 4 arrows that I have managed to get set up. Well, this is only my second time shooting this Retribution, and I've already busted a nock and a FOB! I'm not sure if that's "bad day item #5" or if it's a good thing. Accuracy wasn't too shabby for shooting in high winds.

Sorry for the poor picture, but the flash was necessary due to low light, but the reflective wrap really makes it hard to get a good photo with the flash.
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. 5810949438_46bd4bd403_o

I also had one arrow pass almost all the way through the target, and the FOB popped off exactly as it should. It was easy to spot, which bodes well for future hunting.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: first busted nock and FOB. No robbin hood... yet.   first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:11 pm

WOW how did I miss this post???? Looks like some real good shootin. Sorry to hear about your crappy day no pun intended.

How are things going now? What part of KS you in?? shan't be far from me in VA I am close to the WV border deep in the Shenandoah valley, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Shenandoah Mountains.

Hope and pray that your days are full of happiness and full of Glory to the Lord.

Will
Back to top Go down
http://www.archeryaddix.com
rfnorman

PostSubject: Re: first busted nock and FOB. No robbin hood... yet.   first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:50 pm

' I'm not sure if that's "bad day item #5" or if it's a good thing. Accuracy wasn't too shabby for shooting in high winds.'

I'd have to count this as a good thing!. Some problems in life are preferable to others. This is a problem a lot of people would love to have!. Enjoy!! cyclops
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: first busted nock and FOB. No robbin hood... yet.   first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 pm

rfnorman wrote:
' I'm not sure if that's "bad day item #5" or if it's a good thing. Accuracy wasn't too shabby for shooting in high winds.'

I'd have to count this as a good thing!. Some problems in life are preferable to others. This is a problem a lot of people would love to have!. Enjoy!! cyclops

LOL Amen to that brother.
Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: first busted nock and FOB. No robbin hood... yet.   first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:52 pm

VAhunter08 wrote:
WOW how did I miss this post???? Looks like some real good shootin. Sorry to hear about your crappy day no pun intended.

How are things going now?
There's good days, and then there are... days. In the intervening 7 months, work has been slow, income is down, then up, then down, then down further. The septic system is still shot, and for the past week we've had a shower that takes 20 minutes to drain 2" of water and a toilet we can't use because that bathroom's drain line is plugged -- probably with a tree root -- leaving our family of nine with one toilet. Hopefully that will be fixed tomorrow.

I tore the cartilage in my left wrist in October, and even though the two times I drew my bow during archery season didn't hurt, I'm not hunting the anterless season this January. I might fire a couple shots through my new blind when I get it to see how the FOBs will work with the shoot-thru mesh, but other than that, I'm not chancing it and won't be shooting until the orthopedic doc gives the OK.

I also got an early birthday present last week (my birthday is on Valentines Day) -- a new diagnosis of Adult ADD for me, so that's going to be fun learning how to deal with it. I refuse to let it run my life, so I'll do what it takes to kick its butt, and hopefully do it without the drugs.

Quote :
What part of KS you in?? shan't be far from me in VA I am close to the WV border deep in the Shenandoah valley, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Shenandoah Mountains.
Umm... I'm in Kansas, the other "K" state (KY being your next door neighbor), and I'm in central KS to boot,a good 3.5hrs into the interior of the state. Look up Hutchinson, KS, home to the Underground Salt Museum and Underground Vaults -- where Hollywood stores a bunch of really neat stuff like historical props, films, etc., and other cool things. We also have the Cosmosphere, which is affiliated with the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum and has the largest collection of Soviet-era space equipment outside of Russia, and a really big IMAX screen. We also have the Sand Hills, sand burrs (nasty little things!), tornadoes, wind, pheasants, quail, ducks, geese, and wind. Lots of wind. Every day.
Quote :

Hope and pray that your days are full of happiness and full of Glory to the Lord.

Will
Amen! In spite of everything, I do have the comfort of knowing that He's here with me and has given me one heck of a support system -- my wife.

More on topic: my shooting last fall got a bit better and I finally had to stop shooting at the same spot at 30yds.
Field pts at 30yds:
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. 30ydFOBgrouping

Broadheads at 30yds:
first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. Broadheadgroup-30ydsb first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. Broadheadgroup-30ydsa

Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: first busted nock and FOB. No robbin hood... yet.   first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:52 am

roosclan wrote:
VAhunter08 wrote:

How are things going now?
There's good days, and then there are... days. In the intervening 7 months, work has been slow, income is down, then up, then down, then down further. The septic system is still shot, and for the past week we've had a shower that takes 20 minutes to drain 2" of water and a toilet we can't use because that bathroom's drain line is plugged -- probably with a tree root -- leaving our family of nine with one toilet. Hopefully that will be fixed tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about the Job bro. I can't stand septic systems we had one when we lived in Culpeper and I found the leach field one day while moving the back yard and I sank in over my ankles yuk man I had no idea it was there. NASTY!! Sorry didn't mean to yell. I feel your pain on that brother.

roosclan wrote:
I tore the cartilage in my left wrist in October, and even though the two times I drew my bow during archery season didn't hurt, I'm not hunting the anterless season this January. I might fire a couple shots through my new blind when I get it to see how the FOBs will work with the shoot-thru mesh, but other than that, I'm not chancing it and won't be shooting until the orthopedic doc gives the OK.

Ouch I would say just follow the Doc's orders. Too many people let their pride get in the way or their ego gets in the way.

roosclan wrote:
I also got an early birthday present last week (my birthday is on Valentines Day) -- a new diagnosis of Adult ADD for me, so that's going to be fun learning how to deal with it. I refuse to let it run my life, so I'll do what it takes to kick its butt, and hopefully do it without the drugs.

Well non-congrats to you sir. That is a rough diagnosis they put you on meds? It is hard to deal with sometimes my middle boy had ADD and he has been doing fine at keeping it in check no meds Thank God for that. Those meds have sure messed up some kids.

Quote :
What part of KS you in?? shan't be far from me in VA I am close to the WV border deep in the Shenandoah valley, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Shenandoah Mountains.
roosclan wrote:
Umm... I'm in Kansas, the other "K" state (KY being your next door neighbor), and I'm in central KS to boot,a good 3.5hrs into the interior of the state.

Come on bro give me some credit onn my geography I know you are 3 states away from me (depending on route) We used to go through OK quite often and the wife and I have always wanted to detour up into KS.

roosclan wrote:
Look up Hutchinson, KS, home to the Underground Salt Museum and Underground Vaults -- where Hollywood stores a bunch of really neat stuff like historical props, films, etc., and other cool things. We also have the Cosmosphere, which is affiliated with the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum and has the largest collection of Soviet-era space equipment outside of Russia, and a really big IMAX screen. We also have the Sand Hills, sand burrs (nasty little things!), tornadoes, wind, pheasants, quail, ducks, geese, and wind. Lots of wind. Every day.

Sounds like a cool place wouldn't mind planning a vacation to that area.

Quote :

Will
roosclan wrote:
Amen! In spite of everything, I do have the comfort of knowing that He's here with me and has given me one heck of a support system -- my wife.

You are truly blessed I know God has blessed me the same way.

Good to hear from you keep in touch

Will
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first busted nock and FOB. No robbin hood... yet.   first busted nock and FOB.  No robbin hood... yet. Empty

Back to top Go down

first busted nock and FOB. No robbin hood... yet.
Page 1 of 1