Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
roosclan

Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? Empty
PostSubject: Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs?   Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:53 am

So, I have my HT-2 Harvester arrows from Harvest Time Archery, .350 spine, 28 1/8" shaft, PDP inserts with 30gr screw in weights and 150gr tips, wraps, FOB wraps, and Bohning nocks. Total arrow weight of 474gr.

I need to paper tune my bow something fierce, so I think I've figured out how. I calculated the weight of the FOB, wrap, and mini-wrap, and added 6" strips of electrical tape to the back of the arrow totaling the weight of the missing components. The paper tuning arrows weigh within a grain or two of my completed arrows. The back of the arrow is slightly thicker, but not by much.

Will this work for paper tuning? I'm heading to a pro shop later today to get it tuned better. Since the arrow weight is the same, and in the same location, I'm thinking that it should...
Back to top Go down
Fryguy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs?   Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Sorry for the delay.

As for tuning, there are a couple of ways to accomplish this. First, you can paper tune with bare shafts and then fine-tune with your preferred broadhead and target tips. Second, paper tune with your old fletched arrows and then switch to the FOBs followed by fine-tuning with broadhead.
Back to top Go down
https://archerynation.forumotion.com
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs?   Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:49 am

Fryguy wrote:
Sorry for the delay.

As for tuning, there are a couple of ways to accomplish this. First, you can paper tune with bare shafts and then fine-tune with your preferred broadhead and target tips. Second, paper tune with your old fletched arrows and then switch to the FOBs followed by fine-tuning with broadhead.
Bare shafts would end up being the wrong spine by a considerable amount (all 29gr of FOB and mini-FOB wrap), which is why I wrapped the ends with electrical tape weighted equivalent to the FOB, FOB mini-wrap, and arrow wrap. It seemed to work, and I ended up with just a very slight right tear (I'm a lefty). Field tips fly great, but broadheads are a whole 'nother story. I'll post a separate thread about that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs?   Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will this work for paper tuning w/o FOBs?
Page 1 of 1