Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck

Go down 
+3
Fryguy
IceMan2383
JWG
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JWG

JWG

My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck Empty
PostSubject: My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck   My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:18 pm

My Veteran's Day Buck - Sorry a little bit of a long read

I planned on setting up on the back side of the state land I hunt on because it seemed like that was the area that was getting the least amount of pressure the entire season. Anyway, I get to the parking spot and it's packed full so I decide to go somewhere else because I'm not dealing with a ton of other hunters walking through the woods all morning. So I start driving around the entire property looking for a place with no vechicles, the only place is a spot that I had never been before. By this time it's getting bright out so I grab my bow and my stand and start up this steep ridge. I get to the top and I start seeing safety zone signs, I follow the flat top of the ridge until the signs end and than walk in about 20 more yards and say the heck with it I'm setting up here. So I climb 20 feet up into a tree and turn around and see nothing but a back yard to someones home 180 yards away. I tell myself that this probably is not go to work out but decide to stay anyway because at this point I have nothing to lose. The woods were calm and silent until about 8, I hear leaves crunching behind me but think it's just a tree rat because I'm set up in the most rediculous spot ever. I finally look over and it's actually a spike with his nose to the ground following the path I walked in on. Well to make a long story a little shorter 3 more young bucks and 5 doe proceed to walk this same path then make a hard left and walk past my stand at 25 yards up until about 920. So I'm thinking the action is good so far, 930ish I see something down in front of me about a hundred yards out grab my binos and see that it's a dude walking this big monster dog thru the woods - I know, I know the joys of public land back yard hunting. Right then and there I tell myself that the hunt is over so I start packing up my gear, hook my bow to the rope and lower it to the ground. I turn around one more time to unhook my safe line and see the buck walking across the back yard. He's walking right at me closing the distance to about 100 yards and than I think it's over - First off I thought he was going to get my wind, and second as soon as he get's to the trail where the dog and guy crossed he freezes in his tracks. At this point I realize my bow is still on the ground so I pull it up just in case and nock an arrow. For some odd reason the deer turns and starts following the path the dog was on, I grab my grunt call and blow on it a couple times, nothing. So again I figure I have nothing to lose so I throw out a snort weeze, he stops picks his head up and looks right in my direction but than just keeps walking the trail out of my sight. I wait 10 - 15 more minutes and nothing so I put my arrow back in my quiver and start lowering my bow down again. I unhook my safety strap again but this time I hear leaves crunching out in front of me so I look up and the buck is running back from the way he came. I throw out a loud mouth grunt and he stops directly out in front of me at 80 yards and looks right in my direction. My bow is still on ground so I pull it up as fast as I can without him seeing me, grab the bow unhook it and try to nock an arrow. At the same time the buck starts to walk off again so I grunt again very loud and he stops, freezes and starts stomping his foot. It looked like he was going to bolt so I snort weeze again thinking it was over but that was it, he came right at me on a full run to 25 yards I mouth grunted to stop him and he stopped perfect quartering slighty away. Everything happened so quickly and in the heat of the moment I thought my shot was just back a touch so after calming down for 15 minutes I climbed down and walked back to my truck knowing that I wanted to give him some time because of the shot. I went back at 215 and started looking for my arrow, which I found with actually good looking blood on it. He only went 80 yards and expired. The shot wound up being a bit better then I had thought entering through the liver and exiting through the lungs. After finding him I just said a little thanks to God and then laughed to myself because couldn't believe how my entire morning went down.
So I guess it wasn't that bad of a spot after all
My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck Dsc00010
Back to top Go down
http://www.camospace.com/10604
IceMan2383
Admin
IceMan2383

PostSubject: Re: My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck   My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 pm

great buck...awesome story! nice shooting!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/bowhunter4e?ob=0
Fryguy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck   My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:37 am

Nice buck...Congrats..
Back to top Go down
https://archerynation.forumotion.com
olsen71
Team Member
olsen71

PostSubject: Re: My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck   My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:20 am

Sounds like one Bleep of a hunt Wink

But a nice shot and a very nice buck Smile
Back to top Go down
JWG

JWG

PostSubject: Re: My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck   My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:14 am

Thanks guys - It was a very different hunt than I'm used to lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalMan0880
Admin
MetalMan0880

PostSubject: Re: My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck   My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:34 am

Awesome man, Congrats
Back to top Go down
https://archerynation.forumotion.com/forum
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck   My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:05 am

Awesome harvest, Congrats
Back to top Go down
http://www.archeryaddix.com
JWG

JWG

PostSubject: Re: My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck   My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:11 am

Thanks again guys
Back to top Go down
PSE#1

PSE#1

PostSubject: Re: My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck   My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:48 pm

Awesome buck!!! Congrats
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck   My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck Empty

Back to top Go down

My Veteran's Day Pulbic Land Buck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archery Nation  :: THE BRAGGING BOARD-
Jump to: