Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New fob owner! Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
New fob owner! EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
New fob owner! EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
New fob owner! EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
New fob owner! EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
New fob owner! EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
New fob owner! EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
New fob owner! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
New fob owner! EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
New fob owner! EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
New fob owner! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
New fob owner! EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
New fob owner! EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New fob owner!

Go down 
+2
VAhunter08
96xjclassic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
96xjclassic

96xjclassic

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Hey guys, just purchased by first bag of fob's! I'm pretty siked! I also just ordered a dozen arrows without fletching from my favorite manufacturer, coincidence? I think not. Very Happy
I just had one question for my fob veteran's on here. What drop away rest do you guys recommend? Pics? Prices? Links?
Thanks in advance.
Mark Laughing [b]
Back to top Go down
96xjclassic

96xjclassic

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: in addition   New fob owner! EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:59 am

I own a Martin. So it needs to be Martin compatible. Will captured rests work or just drop away?
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:02 pm

96xjclassic wrote:
Hey guys, just purchased by first bag of fob's! I'm pretty siked! I also just ordered a dozen arrows without fletching from my favorite manufacturer, coincidence? I think not. Very Happy
I just had one question for my fob veteran's on here. What drop away rest do you guys recommend? Pics? Prices? Links?
Thanks in advance.
Mark Laughing [b]

Hi Mark congrats on the purchase of your first set of FOBs I think you will really enjoy them. Just about any dropaway rest will work, I use the NAP Apache it is very reliable and is quite economical. There is the QAD line of rests and the Ripcord Code Red then the Trophy Taker lineup and the Trophy Ridge DropZone and the TR Revolution Best bang for the buck (In more ways than one Buck that is Think about it for a moment) lol. Then you have the limb drivers.

NAP These are the Armorrest, Apache Carbon, Apache Micro, Apache and Quiktune Sizzor rests.
http://www.newarchery.com/products/2/arrowrests

QAD Ultra-Rests
http://www.qadinc.com/2011-Ultra-Rest.html

Ripcord Code Red One of the most popular dropaways used by FOBers.
http://www.ripcordarrowrest.com/

Trophy Taker rests Smackdown Pro, Smackdown FC, X Treme FC Top Slot, X Treme Angled Slot.
http://www.trophytaker.com/arrow_rest_types.aspx

Trophy Ridge DropZone and Revolution rests
http://www.trophyridge.com/arrow-rests/

VaporTrail Limb Driver Pro-V
http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/arrow%20rests/

There are more I must have forgotten or didn't include because these are all dropaway containment rests.

96xjclassic wrote:
I own a Martin. So it needs to be Martin compatible. Will captured rests work or just drop away?

I also Own a Martin and just to let you know you will never find a rest to fit the funky Martin rest thing all these rests will screw into the berger holes on your riser you know those two large holes just above your arrow shelf and just below the sight mount holes. (the only way to find a rest to fit the Martin puzzle piece is to buy it from Martin at a premium price and they have a very select choice.)

As far as a capture rest or Dropaway rest goes if you are shooting FOBs you can't use lets say a Whisker Biscuit or a NAP Capture rest.
You do need a dropaway rest or a dropaway capture rest like all those listed above.

I hope I answered your questions. It all has to do with what you like and how much you are willing to spend on which rest you get. Like I said I shoot a NAP Apache because it is a rest I can afford and it is very reliable. The most Popular rest is the Ripcord Code Red and in a close second are the QAD family of rests.

Happy hunting Bro.

OK brothers and sisters if there is a rest I forgot or if you have a different rest you like please feel free to chime in.

Will
Back to top Go down
http://www.archeryaddix.com
96xjclassic

96xjclassic

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: wow   New fob owner! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:12 am

Holy cow will. Thanks so much for your time. It looks like I've got a lot of home work to do. I am so excited about the fob's. I can't wait.
I currently have a tr whisker biscuit. I know it won't work for fob's but can I use the mounting hardware to mount my new rest?
Thanks,
Mark
Back to top Go down
ace7038

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:10 pm

After looking at the limb driver site, I am wondering if the pro v will wok with the FOB. Is there enough room for the FOB to go through it? Just wondering is all.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:14 pm

96xjclassic wrote:
Thanks in advance.
Mark Laughing [b]

96xjclassic wrote:

96xjclassic wrote:
Holy cow will. Thanks so much for your time. It looks like I've got a lot of home work to do. I am so excited about the fob's. I can't wait.
I currently have a tr whisker biscuit. I know it won't work for fob's but can I use the mounting hardware to mount my new rest?
Thanks,
Mark

Mark it is no problem you asked and you received you are very welcome. That is the way it works around here. Cool Yup lots to study study just look them all over carefully and make the best choice for you. If you want a square deal from the largest Archery Supply store in the USA maybe even the world check out Lancaster Archery Supply in Lancaster, PA http://www.lancasterarchery.com/ They may not be the cheapest store in town but you will never have better service, even if something goes wrong with your order they will make it worth your time and grief.

If you are referring to the C shaped bracket from Martin then no, but each new rest comes with all mounting hardware needed. There is something else you can do is look on Archery Talk sales board or Archery Addix sales you can usually find good deals on used rests at fair prices if you are looking to save a buck. You may be able to find an expensive rest at a price you can afford.

Will

ace7038 wrote:
After looking at the limb driver site, I am wondering if the pro v will wok with the FOB. Is there enough room for the FOB to go through it? Just wondering is all.

ace7038 You should have no issues with the Limb Driver Pro and clearance if you take a FOB and place it behind blazer vanes and you will see the FOB is plainly smaller in diameter @ 1" in dia. Using that logic then you should have no problems.

Will
Back to top Go down
96xjclassic

96xjclassic

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: i found the following. what do you think?   New fob owner! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:50 pm

NAP Quiktune 1000 RH $31.29

NAP Apache drop away RH. $64.99

QAD Ultra rest hunter RH. $58.99

I found all of these on eBay. All are new. They all seem fob friendly. What are your opinions of these?
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:17 pm

96xjclassic wrote:
NAP Quiktune 1000 RH $31.29

NAP Apache drop away RH. $64.99

QAD Ultra rest hunter RH. $58.99

I found all of these on eBay. All are new. They all seem fob friendly. What are your opinions of these?

NAP Quiktune 1000 is NOT a dropaway rest it is a spring loaded rest for target shooting or it could be used for hunting if you so desire but with fletchings only.

NAP Apache you can get them cheaper on the NAP website 59.99 for the black model 69.99 for the camo model. I think that is the price at the big name stores too like Bass Pro, Cabellas and Gander Mtn. You can find them on the other boards I mentioned for used 45.00 shipped in most cases in like new condition.

QAD Ultra-rest Hunter IMO The Hunter rest is the worst they make it seems to have issues with bows that are shooting above 270fps it does not drop fast enough. So if you are going to look at QAD stay with the LD or HD models. They are more expensive but are worth the extra $$.

Back to top Go down
96xjclassic

96xjclassic

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: thanks   New fob owner! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Ok, if I am correctly picking up what you're putting down. Apache is the way to go?
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:13 pm

96xjclassic wrote:
Ok, if I am correctly picking up what you're putting down. Apache is the way to go?

LOL it does look like that but NO. I was just giving you options if you are looking for an economical rest the Apache is a great rest. I have said to study the rests and choose what you like and and can comfortably afford. There is actually a less expensive rest than the Apache it is the Trophy Ridge Revolution and I believe it sells for $39.99 or around that price.

I chose my rest because it fit my need and more importantly my budget. If you can afford a QAD Ultra-rest HDX then by all means go for it. I do not want to sway you by any means. I am just letting you know that most of the rests discussed are for re-sale on other boards used is sometimes the way to go.

By the way don't let anyone else sway your decision. Let your choice be yours. We can only give you our opinions. I have given you a lot to think over and you should take a little bit of time to google them and search out reviews. and make an educated choice. Let me know if you get stuck and need any more confusion thrown into the mix Smile I hope this does not sound scolding or whinny I am just letting you make an informed choice.

Will

Back to top Go down
roosclan

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:11 am

Will knows his stuff, so listen to him.

Personally, I have used a Ripcord Code Red, and it works with FOBs flawlessly. I'm switching to a Trophy Ridge Revolution for other reasons, and it, too is supposed to work well with FOBs. The Revolution is about half the price of the Code Red and about the same as the Apache. I was leaning toward an Apache, but someone gave me a Revolution to try to fix or get replaced, so it's hard to beat a free rest!
Back to top Go down
MileHighOutlaw

MileHighOutlaw

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:21 pm

ace7038 wrote:

Hello Ace,
The Limbdriver Pro-V absolutely works with FOB's. It is the current rest I have on my Monster and I have no problems with it. I have shot FOB's out of the standard Limbdriver as well.
Back to top Go down
96xjclassic

96xjclassic

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: well informed   New fob owner! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Thanks as usual Will. I will do some homework and make my own, informed decision. I will keep you in the loop.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:42 pm

96xjclassic wrote:
Thanks as usual Will. I will do some homework and make my own, informed decision. I will keep you in the loop.

You are more than welcome, and please do keep me in the loop, PM me if you want. Ican give you some pros and cons on some of the choices you have.

Just one quick thing what do you want to do with your Bow? Hunting, 3D shoots, Target shooting or all of the above? it depends if you are just target shooting you don't need a full containment dropaway. But if all are going to be used then you will want a dropaway rest with full containment.

Will
Back to top Go down
96xjclassic

96xjclassic

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:54 am

Well, I happily purchased and installed the NAP Apache! I just put it on yesterday. I still have a few adjustments to make. I hope to take a few target shots this weekend. I will post up about my results. For the near future I will shoot my usual fletched arrows. I have purchased a dozen unfletched arrows and a pack of fobs. I just need to have them cut and ill be good to go! I can't wait! Thanks for all the help guys.
Back to top Go down
rfnorman

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi 96 XJ, congrats on your new purchase. I've been using the same rest, the Apache, for a few months now and like it quite well. Hope you like yours too. Have fun!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New fob owner! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fob owner!   New fob owner! Empty

Back to top Go down

New fob owner!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archery Nation  :: Team Starrflight (Fobs)-
Jump to: