Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Trophy Ridge Revolution Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Trophy Ridge Revolution

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dhoovler

Trophy Ridge Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Has anyone tried the revolution rest with the FOB?
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:34 am

There is a discussion already click HERE

They(FOBs) are by far smaller than the rest prongs. I have still to find a retail establishment that has them for sale. I have called TR and they have started shipping them.

I just can't find anyone selling them yet. (that has them in stock that is) I have been patiently waiting myself I want one yesterday. LOL

Will
Back to top Go down
http://www.archeryaddix.com
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:46 am

Thanks! Definitely looks like it wouldn't have any issues with the pass thru. Bowhunterssuperstore.com has them listed on their site right now but it says "call for availability".
Never shot with a FOB before...been thinking about it. I need to change my rest if I do try them. Currently have a whisker biscuit on my bow now. Looking for a captive rest that will work with the fob and this looks like it would do the trick.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Eagle Archery has them in stock NOW in RH regular non-micro. http://shop.eaglearchery.com/browse.cfm/trophy-ridge-revolution-arrow-rest-rh/4,13368.html
for 46.99 + SH

Check it out. I will be ordering mine next week maybe after payday.

Will
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Just placed my order! Now I just need to get my hands on some fobs. They may have to wait until next payday.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Thats cool I will be hopefully ordering next week.

Let us know how you like it.

Are you a Veteran?

Will
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 3:55 pm

I've been bow hunting for the past 11 years. Just recently upgraded to a newer mathews bow...newer for me anyhow. I just got a DXT last month and getting accessories for it here and there...Hence the reason I'm looking at new arrow rests. I hope the rest shows up by this weekend.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Congrats I hear they are excellent hunting bows, I too recently got a new to me bow and I'm trying to personalize it. I got an '08 Martin Saber and it too has a WB and GWS 3 pin sight which is getting replaced with a Copper John Dead Nuts 3 Mark 3 5 pin. (on order)

I was going to get the Apache from NAP but I heard about the Revolution and decided to wait. I hope it is worth the wait. I have waited a while.

I have never dealt with Eagle Archery but I have not heard bad things about them either. I hope you get it by then too let me know either way as to how long the shipping takes.

Where you at? I am in VA close to WV border West central I guess you could say. EA is in WI so may take some time to me here at least 4-5 days maybe more.

Good luck and keep in touch about the specs. please give us a report on setup time and ease, as well as tuning how long, simple it was to tune.

Thanks, Will
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:55 pm

This is the first time I dealt with eagle archery too. I have good news though...I already received an e-mail saying that it was shipped and they provided a tracking number! That's pretty quick for standard shipping if you ask me.

I live in Southeastern VA....hampton roads area so I'll be lucky to get it by this weekend. I'll post the details when I get it set up. I may even post a pic or two.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:06 am

WOW that was quick and quite nice of them. I would like to ask how much shipping was and do they ship UPS ground as their standard shipping? If you don't mind.

I should think if UPS is on the ball you may have it by Friday, but if they drag their feet like most times you may get it Mon, Tue.

Hampton roads area is nice. I like it in the mountains here Beautiful nuttin but Gods country for miles just the way I like it.

Pics will be good but video is always better. LOL

Thanks

Will
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Been out of town a few days......It's friday....no release yet but it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow via USPS. Shipping was only 6 bucks so I cant complain. I bought some more arrows (a dozen Beman ICS bowhunter 400) and a dozen of FOBs. Both should arrive by next weekend at the latest. I don't like stripping perfectly good fletching off my arrows and i figure it never hurts to have extra arrows anyhow! I figure if the FOBs don't work out for me I can always throw on my 2" blazers. I heard alot of great things about them so I expect good things.
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Sorry.....Release = Rest......I have my mind on a new release now too. I've been eyeing up a thumb release recently but heard they take some getting used to.
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 10:16 pm

The rest arrived today. I haven't let one fly yet...I plan on doing that tomorrow. pictures posted below. It was easy to mount and took roughly 15-20 minutes. I'm sure I'll have to make a few more adjustments once i start shooting.

Trophy Ridge Revolution Img_3111

Trophy Ridge Revolution Img_3113
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:39 am

Wow that was fast shipping I am so releaved. It looks great on that bow. I see it is not fully level with the arrow while in the locked mode. is this pic before adjustments?

Sweet rest hows the fit and finish out of the package? Do they include a cd or just paper instructions? I see you served the string onto your cable I thought you are to get a ball or something to attache it to your cable.? Did it come with anything else like a shelf pad or something? I'm sorry for all the ? but inquiring minds want to know (I know cheesey but I stole it anyways) LOL

Waiting somewhat impatiently I guess for more input. sorry not you just me. HAHA

Will
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:50 am

The instructions say the rest comes setup for most standard bows from the factory so minimal adjustments will be needed. So far that holds true but i havent shot it yet and I'm sure I'll be making more adjustment. No plastic on this rest and there's not much weight to it. I'm guessing the arm is made out of aluminum.

No CD...just paper instructions. I'm going to attach some more pics with this post for ya. The rest is not fully level until the bow is at full draw. This is something you need to keep in mind when you are installing it.

As for the serving...There is one inch of serving on the cable starting three inches down from the shelf on the riser. After you're finished with the serving you need to put the bow in a bow press to split the cable just below the new serving. Install the rope and pull all the slack out of it. The rest will be in the uncocked position at this time. Draw the bow back and the launcher arm will come to its full draw position and the rope will adjust thru the cable as you draw. Let the bow down and pull back 1/4" of the rope then cut. Fray the end of the rope and burn it to form a dome. The "dome" will prevent the rope from coming out of the cable. That's it.

I'm not too happy with my serving. Looks like doo-doo. I'm going to have to fix it at a later date.

It does come with a shelf pad but I didn't put it on yet. The arrow doesn't touch the shelf right now. It's about 1/4" shy. That can change today after I do some shooting. If not it may be that I need to lower my D-loop and the rest for it to touch the shelf. I don't think it's a big deal right now.

You'll see the additional hardware/pad in the pics (second page of the instructions). It came with a small piece of felt as well. I'm guessing that is for the launcher arm??

Hope this clears up some of your questions.

Sorry but you will have to tilt your head sideways to read the instructions...Or rotate your monitor 90 degrees Laughing

Trophy Ridge Revolution Img_3114

Trophy Ridge Revolution Img_3115

Trophy Ridge Revolution Img_3116

Trophy Ridge Revolution Img_3117
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Just got back from shooting. First few shots were high and to the left. After making some adjustments I was on target at 20 yards but noticed green marks from my fletching on the rest after a few shots. It didn't seem to effect the flight too much but it had to be fixed. This is were it starting getting frustrating. The fletching was no longer touching the rest but it seemed like I was taking two steps forward and one step back. I was adjusting the rest, the site and playing around with my center shot. After taking two dozen shots and thinking I was getting somewhere things really started going downhill. Two arrows lost fletching and then there were a couple shots that made a loud CRACK sound. I think the shaft was hitting the launcher arm. After about a half hour of trying to figure out what was going on I realized it was a the launcher arm not "dropping" when it should. The instructions didn't say anything about being able to adjust the sensitivity of the arm and I had no idea how to fix this problem. Maybe there wasn't enough pressure on the launcher arm when I released the bow so I figured I'd try shortening the rope on the rest by a 1/4". After I did that everything worked great! I shot 30 more arrows at 25 yards trying to hit playing cards. Hit 26 out of 30 and the 4 that didn't hit were shy by an inch or less. Can't complain about that.

FYI...That small piece of felt is for the launcher arm. Says that in step 5 of the instructions...must have overlooked that the first time around. It's a no brainer when you start drawing the bow back. The arrow was making noise when it was pulled over the launcher arm. It's cheap felt...I would recommend getting a better quality felt.

After the adjustments the arrow does rest on the shelf so I put the pad on.

I'm happy with the rest and can't wait until the new arrows and FOBs arrive. The arrows I shot today had 2 inch blazers on them which are 1/2" wide so you figure a total of 1" plus the diameter of the shaft. Total diameter being approximately 1-5/16". Total diameter of the FOB is 1" and sits further back on the arrow. It should be no problem at all!
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Thanks for being the Guinea pig by being the first to work through the bugs. You have to serve in the string huh the web site says it comes with a "cable clamp included". I just hate serving haha.

Wow sounds like if the string length is not correct you will some timing issues, good to know thanks for posting the pics and giving all the info on the install. I hope to be getting mine sometime soon. Be ready for some question and answer sessions when I do. LOL It seems to be a solid rest and it stays in the cocked position during letdown right?

The instructions seem straight forward. The felt is cheep looking, do you think mole skin would work just as good? You said after it was all properly set up the arrow rests on the shelf is this in uncocked position? The pad is adequate enough to dampen sound?

Looks like it also comes with an arrow holder? pad with two rolls one on each side? If you install it you will have to make sure of the clearance for the FOBs some people have had to modify theirs.

All in all it looks like a winner and I can't wait to get mine. Thanks once again for posting and please keep updating as to any burps and hiccups.

Great report and pics all are clear and concise.
Thanx

Will
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:22 pm

The string length should be correct once you perform step 14. Maybe I messed up on step 15. I initially pulled it back toward the riser. This made the most sense to me and I figured if it was the wrong way atleast I'm not making the rope too short and I could always go the other way if I was wrong. Better to have too much than too little. I don't know if what I did was right or not but after I pulled an additional 1/4" thru the string the rest worked great.

Mole skin will work great on the arm vice the felt. The foam arrow guide (pad with the two rolls on it) sits at the front end of the shelf. The arrow does sit there in the uncocked position. This might come in contact with a FOB....We'll see.

You asked if it stays in the containment position if I let it down. It is suppose to but yesterday I noticed after shooting the arm was extremely sensitive. I meant to call Trophy Ridge about this to see if there was a way to adjust the sensitivity.........I'm calling them now.

OK....There is no way to adjust the sensitivity. Bad news is the rest is not staying in the containment position after let down. This is one of the reasons I bought it. Good news is that trophy ridge is sending a replacement and I'll send the faulty one back when it arrives. I won't be charged for shipping.

Yesterday I noticed after the loud CRACK sound that the arm was too stiff ....and now its way too sensitive. Maybe I shouldn't have adjusted the rope but then again maybe it's just a coincidence. It went from being too stiff to being too sensitive within maybe 40-50 shots. There's MAYBE 100-120 shots total with this rest. I'm not sure what happened to it and I hope this is one of those rare instances of a faulty rest.

I'll let you know how the new rest works out after I get it. I really hope this is just one of those rare instances!
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:50 pm

Wow I too hope this is an isolated incident. Let me know how it all goes. are they overnighting it?

Will
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 8:53 pm

They did not overnight it. I didn't even think about that when I called for a replacement. No Biggie.

I did receive my new arrows and FOBs. I had the shafts cut today and the FOBs were a breeze to install. It took longer to remove the nock than it did to put the FOB and the Nock back on. The 'faulty' rest is still on my bow but as for the clearance....There is no issue. They work and I like them. I did notice a difference in sound once i shot but I was at an indoor range (a first for me). I didn't shoot too much.....roughly a dozen arrows...biggest thing to overcome for me is the anchor point. I can feel the FOB touch my chin. No worries though...I was shooting one inch groups at 20 yards on my last round.

Wish I had more time to play today. I just bought my 8 year old son a new bow (mission craze). Focused on getting him set up. Its his first bow..first time shooting too. He likes it....just need to work on his stance. He's got a lean going on when he draws back.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Hey dhoovler,

Glad you got the replacement. I am still working on trying to get the rest. I just bought a sight and now the saving comes for the rest. I thought I was going to have more money than I had after the purchase of the sight but I paid a little more for the sight I really wanted rather than to settle on something different. And I got hooked up in a quiver swap and had to pay for postage on that so there goes the rest money LOL.

So you like the FOBs huh I knew ya would you will get used to the FOB touching your chin you can now use it as another anchor point. As for the craze for the little guy awesome I hope he enjoys it I was thinking of getting one for my daughter who is 11. the leaning thing I am sure you will work it out.

That is all awesome let us know when you get the new rest on and if there are the same results or better. If you get the same results I may just go after the NAP Apache.

Will
Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm really impressed with these FOBs! I'm still shooting with the screwed up rest but these FOBs rock! Gotta be careful when shooting groups. Three of them came off from hitting other FOBs in the picture below (group of six). I put them back on before I took the picture. I already broke one but it still works like a champ. I see myself getting another dozen in the near future to put on my other arrows.

Amazon.com has the NAP Apache for 43 bucks plus shipping and handling right now. The micro is a bit more.

Trophy Ridge Revolution Img_3210

Trophy Ridge Revolution Img_3215

Trophy Ridge Revolution Img_3216
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:56 am

Great Grouping bro, just watch out for those tight groups FOBs are not expensive but FOBin hoods can be. Laughing FOBs are Awesome it is hard to believe how a 1" piece of plastic can give such control and accuracy. I know the physics behind it and the engineering going into it but in archery terms you just go huh??? ya know. It just works and works better than any fletchings I have ever seen.

I have not given up on the revolution yet, but it is frustrating trying to find one. Right after you bought yours EA was out of stock and still are.

I am not going to look till next month for a rest but if I can't find one then I just might go with something different. (you gotta send the bad one back? if not wanna sell it) lol. J/K

Will

Back to top Go down
dhoovler

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Will,
Sorry I havent posted in a while. new rest STILL hasn't shown up. TR must be really backed up on production. I'm getting kinda fed up with it all to tell the truth. I just bought a Mathews downforce on AT. If TR keeps dragging their feet I might just sell the new rest on ebay when it arrives. If you're a member of Archerytalk let me know or look me up on there....same user ID.
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Hey bro no worries. Good to hear from ya.

Sorry to hear you are having to wait so long from TR. Have you called them? (I'm sure you have) as for me I am an impatient person sometimes and would be on the phone everyday.

Yes I am on AT but as Rottzilla. I will look you up there I do not spend much time there don't care for most of the people or conversations that go on there. I do like to shop there though I just picked up my Limbsaver Elite Prism Sight on there. Nice price. Sent you a friend request.

Let me know what is going on keep me up to date.

Will

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution Empty

Back to top Go down

Trophy Ridge Revolution
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archery Nation  :: Drop Away Rest Setup-
Jump to: