Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Trophy Ridge Revolution

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Falaska

Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: revolution review   Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi All,

Paul has such great CS I thought I should give some back.

I first put a TRR on a 70lb Bear Mauler, with a Tru Ball Pro Diamond release, it was my very first compound. I've been shooting bare recurves and longbows since the age of 9 and I'm 51. It took all of 1 hour to get it all set up reading the instructions for the rest and bow. It shot great out to 20 yards shooting about 4 inch groups with gold tips. I had never experienced anything like that accuracy, speed and silence! Unfortunately that session proved that the draw length of the bow could not be adjusted long enough for me. It also made me realize I'm not too fond of peeps.

I immediately purchased a 2011 PSE Vendetta 70lb and got it setup. I didn't want to do anything permanent so I served a spot on the down cable (a lump of thread) and tied a double half hitch below it at what I thought was the right length based on the directions. After paper tuning I put on a FOB and after a few shots I hit the rest and broke a FOB. I shortened the line to the down cable and everything worked great. After tuning and adding the FOB I couldn't believe the penetration I was getting on the butt.

Then I got a SABO sight. Since I'm so new I still don't have a very good feel for my anchor and it was a tedious job to get it sighted in but I was having a bunch of fun and couldn't stop. That was my downfall. I'm pretty sure that fatigue caused me to (I don't remember the term) crawl or slip my anchor forward, along with target panic and any other weakness new compound shooters have, and at the release the rest exploded and I also lost a $10 arrow and cut my hand with rest or FOB or nock. Previously seeing the pics of the graphite embedded in the hand, it scared the heck out of me.

I saw that the part was just pinned on so I emailed Trophy Ridge (Bear) and asked if I could order a rest/arm since I blew up the one I had, and install it myself. Within 2 hours they emailed back that they would have the part in the mail that day, and they did, no charge. It was pretty easy to install and get everything setup again. Needless to say I'm much more careful about holding the release against the "wall" prior to pushing the button. I've shot about 50 shots since and got the SABO dialed in and I'm having a lot of fun. I'm very happy with the rest and customer support. The rest has lots of clearance. I have not had any problems on letting down, it stays cocked. It seems to work great for the price.

When it exploded I considered going with the QAD ultra HD, and I will if I run into any quality issues in the future but at this point I'm not changing anything.
Back to top Go down
roosclan

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:07 am

OK, this one is really getting me interested. My Code Red is hitting the arrow shelf when I have the arrow lined up with the berger hole and that is the loudest thing on my bow. This rest would solve that problem and I could actually line my arrow up with the holes and not worry about the rest hitting the shelf. I'm glad it's good to go with FOBs as I don't have any arrows with vanes on them. Have they come out with a lefty version yet?
Back to top Go down
Falaska

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:09 am

Hey roos,

I don't know about the south paw version. but since nobody is responding I thought I'd give an update since I stopped by to buy another package of FOBs.

The rest has been great, no problems at all, I was shooting it 3 or 4 times a week until my target froze almost solid (I'm in Alaska)

I picked up an NAP Apache for my son's bow and for kicks I tried to put it on my bow as a test. It wouldn't fit, I like that design though, it won't explode if the rest fails to fire Smile since it "fires" no matter what.

My biggest problem is I keep hitting FOBs if I don't shoot a different dot on the target, it's a nice problem to have at 35 yards Smile

good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Ridge Revolution   Trophy Ridge Revolution - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trophy Ridge Revolution
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2