Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New member..from St.Louis Mo Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New member..from St.Louis Mo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mac11700

New member..from St.Louis Mo Empty
PostSubject: New member..from St.Louis Mo   New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 am

Hello..

Just thought I would join up and see what all the fuss is about with these crazy looking arrow stabilizers lol!

I've been into archery for over 50 years now..started off back in 1959 with Bear recurve and shot all traditional equipment up till the late 70's..then switched over to compounds and shot just about everything that came out until 1982..when I got completely disgusted with it..I went back to all traditional equipment recurve/longbow/flat-bow.. till last month..and I decided it was time to see what improvements had been made. Needless to say..I was quite surprised at how far things had progressed. I had never even heard of these FOB's till this month and to say I am curious would be a understatement.

The bow I elected to come back to compounds with is a Hoyt Maxxis set at 28.5" DL and 70 lbs. shooting a Carbon Express GT Traditional 55/75 shaft....These have been fletched with 2" Blazers and custom wraps by my local archery shop for me.

I've watched the video's and seen how they fly and all but do have some questions about them for those here that have made the transition over to them which I will ask on the appropriate forums.

Anyway..be talking to you all..

Mac
Back to top Go down
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New member..from St.Louis Mo   New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Welcome to the Team. I hope that you learn all you wish to here. I am quite sure there is a lot of things you can teach us as well.

Please feel free to discus all you have a desire to this is not a FOB only forum. Thanks for checking us out and hope you stay and share your stories and knowledge with us.

Will

P.S. things are a little slow around here lately but don't let that discourage you. Post up and we will post back ASAP. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.archeryaddix.com
Mac11700

PostSubject: Re: New member..from St.Louis Mo   New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks

I was curious about these and if folks had to change their anchor points when using them since they seem to sit back further on the arrow than fletchings do. Also..why some folks are so dead set against using them. Being out of the compound scene for so long,shooting only hand cut feathers and cedar footed shafts until just recently having a set of traditional looking carbon arrows given to me for a birthday present..I am amazed at how some folks reactions is to these little foils..I mean..I do like feathers..don't get me wrong..but..with all of the modern technology available to make shooting a compound easier and more importantly more accurately especially at longer distances,it would only seem a natural progression to something like this. Heck..I'm more a traditionalist than the majority of posters I have seen lately..and I just don't get it. I've seen people posting they aren't traditional enough looking...What a riot..Sorry..perhaps not traditional enough from their perspective of what they are accustom to with vains..but..from a real traditionalist's perspective it seems pretty damn funny.Some of the other comments to my inquiry about them over there have been complaints of them popping off when shot through a animal (duh) and that folks actually like to fletch their arrows...Well..I can understand the later if a person finds pleasure or something therapeutic in spending hours on a rainy afternoon doing that..but I really like the idea of shooting more than working more..and at my age..every hour counts...and if they can make me more accurate by using them..then that is all that should really matter..cause wind drift messes up even real heavy arrows at long distances...so I know it will really push a light one at 50-80 yards..

Anyway..just thought I would share that opinion of mine on that...

As too these FOB's though...I have one of the moderators over on AT who has graciously volunteered to send me some to try..which I accepted and I have to re-do my rest again as well as how the shop that set it up for me has the string served into the cable instead of the slider that came with it..so I most likely will wind up getting a nice set of custom strings made up for it and do it up right to start this time..

I'm quite surprised that there aren't some 3 paks available for these everywhere..That would certainly get the word out pretty fast about them.. Never mind..just spoke with Paul...and I know why now lol!

He's a very nice guy..and very helpful..taking a-lot of time out of his day to help a old fart like me..Looks like I got some more stuff to buy to get this bow into the 21st century..Heck...this looks like it's going to be more fun then the last time I was shooting compounds...

Mac
Back to top Go down
Fryguy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New member..from St.Louis Mo   New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Weclome to the team..
Back to top Go down
https://archerynation.forumotion.com
VAhunter08
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New member..from St.Louis Mo   New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:48 am

It should not change your anchor point it may touch your face but you may not mind it touching your face and you can use that as another anchor point kinda like a kisser button.

There are lots of people who are afraid of change or are frightened by what they don't understand. Just think you are a trad archer I grew up a trad archer as well but think when you saw the first plastic vanes. We had synthetic feathers but plastic vanes will never work, they were invented for compounds and the trad archers had issues with them. Same as now Compound shooters are advancing the art of archery. Buy some wood grain FOB wraps they will look more traditional and less threatening. hahaha

Paul is a real stand up guy, How many CEO's of a company are going to answer the phone and talk to the customer direct. Not many, I have seen more in the Archery world than any other. Paul is real personable. If you are listening Thanks Paul.

Yup they pop off upon pass through and they are supposed to I have heard complaints that the fly off in flight well that is a nock issue not a FOB issue. I love the way they pop off gives you a starting point on where to look for the blood trail. Which is what they were designed to do. (High speed low drag) lol.

They are almost unmovable in windy conditions try to do that with fletchings.

There now you have some ammo to fire back at the scoffers.

Thanks for your thoughts your opinion matters here. There are still some good people over at AT lol. I think you will be impressed with them. If not I will pay the shipping costs to send them to me lol. You will like them no problem.

Have a great and blessed day Mac.

Will
Back to top Go down
http://www.archeryaddix.com
Mac11700

PostSubject: Re: New member..from St.Louis Mo   New member..from St.Louis Mo EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:44 am

Thanks Guys:

I'm looking forward to trying them..and have high hopes they will work for me.

I'm not to worried about those who complain about them....I'm from Missouri..I'm used to it...and prefer just to show them... lol!

I'm appreciative of the offers to buy back the product if I'm not happy with them, that to me just shows the commitment on you folks part to the product and company...and that is a very good thing.

Mac
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member..from St.Louis Mo   New member..from St.Louis Mo Empty

Back to top Go down

New member..from St.Louis Mo
Page 1 of 1