Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
QAD Rest set up Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
QAD Rest set up EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
QAD Rest set up EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
QAD Rest set up EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
QAD Rest set up EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
QAD Rest set up EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
QAD Rest set up EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
QAD Rest set up EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
QAD Rest set up EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
QAD Rest set up EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
QAD Rest set up EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
QAD Rest set up EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
QAD Rest set up EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

QAD Rest set up

Go down 
+3
Paul Morris
Glennmac
Fryguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fryguy
Admin

QAD Rest set up Empty
PostSubject: QAD Rest set up   QAD Rest set up EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:10 pm

Some folks have had issues with this rest and FOBs so I had to see for myself how FOB friendly this rest was.

I just followed the instructions. With the exception of a few additional tips I got from Kevin at QAD.

There are three critical things to look at is.

1. Using the TL1 fork is a must. It provides about an extra 1/8 of drop. . The TL1 launcher was included with your rest but not installed when you purchased the rest. It is stamped TL1 just above the mounting holes. The TL1 will raise your arrow by 1/8 inch so you will need to lower the rest by the same amount (if you have the room) or raise the nock set by 1/8. If you have any questions about this call me right away. If the shop did not give it back to you when they set it up, ask them for one they should have a pile. If you call QAD they are very nice about taking care of the customers. You can get one from them also if needed.

2. The pull cord should be tied just about level with the bottom of the handle/grip when the bow is not drawn back

3. Make sure the rest is coming to the FULL UP (90 degree hard stop) about 1 1/2 inches from full draw.

It took my all of about 20 minutes to set the rest up. I verified the timing by assuring the rest was at the hard stop (90 degree) at full draw. Then I SLOWLY let the bow down to make sure the forks did not move until I let down about 1 1/2 to 2 inches.

Tying the pull cord about level with the bottom is important for a quick drop.

Having the forks come to the full up 90 degree hard stop 1 1/2 to 2 inches before full draw is VERY important to make sure there is enough momentum to drive the fork down. The QAD has the feature of staying up if you slowly let down. If you have the rest timed to quick, if you get any creep, the rest may want to stay up. Bad thing with FOBs! Or a fletch for that matter.

If you use the rubber peel and stick arrow guide that mounts on the riser shelf, it may need to be trimmed down a bit for clearance. Those arrow guides/holder give us the most troubles!

Thank you Kevin for the tuning tips

I have shot the bow about 50 times and love it! The QAD is very FOB friendly.

Paul Morris

Cord placement
[img]QAD Rest set up Qad_co10[/img]

Clearance over rest and top bar. Tons (as long as you use the TL1 laucher)
[img]QAD Rest set up Qad_fo10[/img]
Back to top Go down
https://archerynation.forumotion.com
Glennmac

QAD Rest set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: QAD Rest set up   QAD Rest set up EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:38 am

Can you tell me why it says that the forks should not move until 1 1/2 - 2 inches of the string being released when on the qad website it says 1 inch ? The reason I ask is because to set it up like mentioned (1 1/2 - 2 inches) I loose 10 % of my let off.
Back to top Go down
Paul Morris
Admin
Paul Morris

QAD Rest set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: QAD Rest set up   QAD Rest set up EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Glennmac wrote:
Can you tell me why it says that the forks should not move until 1 1/2 - 2 inches of the string being released when on the qad website it says 1 inch ? The reason I ask is because to set it up like mentioned (1 1/2 - 2 inches) I loose 10 % of my let off.

Well, I got that right from one of the engineers at QAD. Do you mean that the by the rest coming up an inch sooner (about 1 1/2 - 2 inches) your draw length has changed? or do you mean the delay? 2 inches of delay should not effect your draw length at all and will keep the rest up a tad longer (a good thing). It will also assure the rest will always have enough momentum to release the catch (lock up feature).

However....If you like 1 inch....I say go for it and let us know how it goes. You should be just fine behind the draw cure as long as you have at least 1 inch.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.starrflight.com
Glennmac

QAD Rest set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: QAD Rest set up   QAD Rest set up EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Paul Morris wrote:
Glennmac wrote:

Well, I got that right from one of the engineers at QAD. Do you mean that the by the rest coming up an inch sooner (about 1 1/2 - 2 inches) your draw length has changed? or do you mean the delay? 2 inches of delay should not effect your draw length at all and will keep the rest up a tad longer (a good thing). It will also assure the rest will always have enough momentum to release the catch (lock up feature).

However....If you like 1 inch....I say go for it and let us know how it goes. You should be just fine behind the draw cure as long as you have at least 1 inch.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!
Not draw length let off, if I set it like that I let off goes from 78% to 70% and feels terrible.I will change it and let you know if I have any troubles.
Back to top Go down
Littlefeet13

QAD Rest set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: QAD Rest set up   QAD Rest set up EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:28 pm

When you say "3. Make sure the rest is coming to the FULL UP (90 degree hard stop) about 1 1/2 inches from full draw." is that make sure it comes full up prior to being at full draw?

Also does it matter which untra-rest you have? I have the Ultra-rest hunter, and i can not get it to go 90* vertical with out contacting the top bar when i use the TL1
Back to top Go down
frogfuz

QAD Rest set up Empty
PostSubject: qad cord replacement for re-placement   QAD Rest set up EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 pm

So the guy that sold me on the QAD, sold me on ordering FOBs... but now that I read this post, realize that he cut my cord short (which could explain for my altered arrow flight). So, I'll be replacing the cord to move the cord to level with the bottom of my grip. Any hints on adjusting the slack and measuring the full 90 degree rest position at 1 1/2" from full draw?
Back to top Go down
thomassullivan76

QAD Rest set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: QAD Rest set up   QAD Rest set up EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Hello, I am new to the FOB's also and over the weekend installed my QAD Hunter and it looks like that I am hitting the center of the fork arm. I am using the TL1 launcher. Does this mean that I have to move my nocking poiont up just a little?, or do I need to readjust the launcher. I ve read a bunch of post on it and some say move the nock point up and some say mess with the launcher.
Back to top Go down
grumpy413

QAD Rest set up Empty
PostSubject: QAD Hunter   QAD Rest set up EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Will the hunter QAD rest work with FOB's. I was told to get the red rip cord rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

QAD Rest set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: QAD Rest set up   QAD Rest set up Empty

Back to top Go down

QAD Rest set up
Page 1 of 1