Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The real story of StarrFlight Part 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paul Morris
Admin
Paul Morris

The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: The real story of StarrFlight Part 2   The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 am

This is part two regarding the origin of the name StarrFlight.

Well this story starts out much like the last one on an Elk hunt. But first let me explain the beginning. From a small child I always was fascinated by the stars and constellations. When I first started hunting I was always taught that Orion was what you should look for first and will bring you luck. Every chance I got I would make it a point that when I first wake up for the hunt, or for that matter every chance I get I look for Orion.

Well about 12 years ago the day started as normal, in a wall tent, alarm set for 3:30 AM, poor a cup of mud (coffee) from the thermos we made from the night before wrapped in some camo shirts to keep it hot. Next was to strike a match and start up the kerosene heater to warm up our pre-made breakfast burros and take the chill off. I find this my favorite time of the hunt. Waking up and thinking of what the day will bring, talking hunting with friends and every now and then hearing an elk bugle in the background (we were in not in Arizona this year or we would have had Elk bugling and hooking horns in camp).

Anyway….After a few cups of coffee it was time to venture outside in my long johns and slippers to take care of business. As usual, the first thing I do is look for Orion. As I was staring up at the cloudless night with no moon I could not think of anywhere else I would rather be.

Just then I herd an elk bugle far off in the distance and shooting star went right through Orion’s bow and shot across the sky. Wow! how cool was that! What a good omen. I thought this may be a good day. Then I thought of the flight of that star, it looked just like an arrow on a laser beam arcing through the sky . I said to my self….self, I sure hope my arrow shoots that straight today.

That morning was full of mojo and went to an old secret spot I found some 4 years earlier were I new of a spring. I shot what to this day we call “the world’s fattest cow” Elk. The shot was about 40 yards and indeed the flight was like a laser beam. The area we were hunting was a road closure and about a 3 mile pack out. Skinned, boned and quartered the butcher hung it at 355 lbs.

Years later when we came up with the airfoils, we had the name (see part 1 FOBs). But I needed to come up with a name for the product line. I though about it for a short time and remembered that lucky day when I saw the magic in the sky, StarrFlight it was! I am a typical engineer and can not spell. I thought star was spelled starr (with two rr’s). Turns out that was a lucky mistake. When you do a Google search for StarrFlight we are in the front row. Who else spells star with two rr’s. Ha!

Well, that’s the story. I hope it was a good read.

Regards,

The worlds "fattest cow" Sure felt like it with 5 miles of road closure!
[img]The real story of StarrFlight Part 2 Paul_s10[/img]
Back to top Go down
http://www.starrflight.com

The real story of StarrFlight Part 2
Page 1 of 1