Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fryguy
Admin

Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  Empty
PostSubject: Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!    Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:16 pm

The TT test can be tricky to set up with the FOBs. (but it will work great!) Just make sure that the rest is coming up to the full up position at the last part of the draw to ensure a quick drop and the cord should be tied about level with the bottom of the handle/grip (when not drawn back). The goal is to have the least amount of tension on the cord at full draw but having the rest 100% all the way up. Also, I like to rotate the rest bar (the bar that mounts the rest to the riser) slightly down if needed so the rest workings are as level with the riser shelf as possible and the forks should lay as flat as possible. This will also maximize clearance. If you use the rubber arrow guide/holder with the rest, please double check clearance and you may need to trim down. Those arrow guides/holder give us the most troubles.

Having pading on the arrow riser is also a good idea for any similar style rest to quite things down and cushion the blow on the way down. I like to use 1/2 wide peel and stick black velcro. Using the felt side, lay a strip of the riser shelf for rest fork to contact with when the rest drops. This will keep the rest lasting longer as you are not hitting the internal hard stop as hard and also will keep the rest from bouncing.

As most all rests, the TT rest can have bounce up and may be hard to detect. If you have plenty of clearance but your arrows are hitting low (especially broadheads), you may have the dreaded TT bounce back. The cure is to make sure the rest is set up as described above. If you still have contact slow up or speed up the timing so the bounce does not happen right when the FOB is going over the rest,

Here are two videos. First one TT xtreme with bounce that does not make contact with the FOB.
The second video is a hunter model with bounce at the wrong time.

Paul Morris

good bounce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQAHvpBDwCE

Bad bounce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Fkg824qXI
Back to top Go down
https://archerynation.forumotion.com
sweaterbydarwin1

Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!    Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!  EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Ok, after watching these videos for two years now, I just broke down and orderd my FOBs, wish me luck. I am a bit nervous about the bounce back on my shakey hunter rest.
Back to top Go down

Trophy Taker Rest and FOBs- Avoid the dreaded bounce up!
Page 1 of 1