Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Archery Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  Archerynation-2-1
Like Us
Order your Fobs here
Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 190 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» My Hoyt AlphaMax 32
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am by bigbuck150

» FOB's and NAP Apache
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:09 pm by dano

» noob
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm by dano

» Why?
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am by tradermike69

» New Guy from Missouri
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm by tradermike69

» New Wanna Be Here
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am by tradermike69

» Flu Flu Arrows with a compound bow
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm by oldmanontheriver

» i need help, with fobs not mentaly
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 am by Norwegian Woods

» New member from Norway
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am by Norwegian Woods

» QAD Rest set up
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm by grumpy413

» New to fobs.
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm by Plrosey33

» How much will the extra weight affect arrow spine?
Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm by Stykbow1

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fryguy
Admin

Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  Empty
PostSubject: Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest    Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:55 pm

I have had a few folks (not many) who have had problems with the FOB and the Whisperflite rest so I thought I better set one one myself.

I found the instructions to be straight forward and set the rest up per instructions with a few exceptions.

The instruction recommend the pull cord be attached about 2-3 inches below the nock point of the string on the down bus cable.I recommend that with all similar type drop rests the pull cord be attached much lower. I have found that attaching the pull cord about 4-5 inches below the cable guard or level with the bottom of the handle/grip provides for best performance and puts less stress on the down bus cable. Attaching the pull cord lower applies the force more parallel to the bus cable and does not pull the cable to the riser as much. This reduces cam timing issues as well as allowing the rest to drop faster.

Also the instructions recommend the rest be in the FULL UP position 2-3 inches before the last part of the draw. I recommend this be about the last 1 inch of draw. The reason being this reduces the stress on the down bus cable and allows the rest to fall quicker. Also Having just 1 inch before full draw allows the user to "creep" a bit without the rest moving. If you have the rest coming up at the very last part of the draw (last 1/2 or less) if you get a little creep from holding on a big buck for a minute waiting for one more step, a little creep may cause the rest to move down and the elevation of the arrow to be lower which is a bad thing!

The rest comes with a cable slide mount. When using FOBs I always recommend attaching the pull cord to the down bus cable and NOT the cable slide. Two reasons for his. The cable slide does not react as quick as the down bus cable and during launch, the cable slide will oscillate back and forth possibly causing bounce up issues.

So, I installed the rest set my center shot and elevation and set the pull cord level with the bottom of the handle and adjusted my timing so the rest hit the FULL UP hard stop for the last 1 inch of draw.

Took about ten minutes to set up and worked great. Weather you shoot FOBs or vanes, this procedure will assure no contact with the rest.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Paul Morris

Pull cord attachment (bottom of grip when not drawn back)
[img]Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  Alpine10[/img]

Elevation Adjustment
[img]Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  Alpine11[/img]

Clearance (Plenty)
[img]Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest  Alpine12[/img]
Back to top Go down
https://archerynation.forumotion.com

Alpine Archery Whisperflite Drop Rest
Page 1 of 1